[Capdist-auditions] Looking for crew for stage/film project

John Brent Medialux at nycap.rr.com
Thu May 4 17:21:38 EDT 2017

Become a part of an exciting new project. As I wrote the script for my short film, FINDING THE WAY HOME, I realized the raw honesty of the story could also work as a one-act play. To that end, I have arranged a performance venue at the Albany Barn for two live performances in mid-June with shooting the short film to take place at the end of June and beginning of July. The two roles of a father and a son have been cast and I am now looking for crew to help with both the stage production and the subsequent film. Join us as we explore the progress from page to stage to screen and find ways to reinterpret the material from a play to film. There is no pay but the script is original and exciting and should provide an opportunity for a small crew to get some "hands on" experience with a project that I think will lend itself to festivals and possibly a boutique distributor. I specifically need a DP/camera person, a sound person, someone to keep script for both the stage and film presentation, a costume/make-up person and two or three production assistants. I could also used some help for the tech aspects of the stage performance. I am also looking for someone to help us with some choreography for a fantasy song and dance number that takes place during the story. While experience is desirable, I am also willing to work with people who have less experience if they have enthusiasm for the project, so if you are looking for resume credits this might be the perfect opportunity. This is the first of three short films I plan to shoot over the summer and into the fall so come on board! Please contact me at John "Jack" Brent, Medialux at nycap.rr.com