[Capdist-auditions] Level 1 Improv Fundamentals: Environment (FEE REQUIRED)

Alex Timmis alex at mopco.org
Fri May 5 17:47:20 EDT 2017

Level 1 Improv Fundamentals: Environment (FEE REQUIRED)

Class Dates: Wednesdays: 5/24, 5/31, 6/7, 6/14

Time: 7:00 - 9:30pm

Fee: $75 before May 12th, $100 General

Enroll here <https://mopco-improv-fundamentals-enviro.eventbrite.com/?aff=CapDistAuditions>

Too often performers become “talking heads” onstage, frozen in place. We want scenes that come alive before our eyes! Learn to bring physicality to your work on stage.
From a musty local dive bar filled with regulars to a gleaming space station orbiting an alien world, improvisers must be ready to create the “where” of their scenes from thin air. In this Fundamentals course, students will focus on the skills and techniques necessary to transform a stage and a couple of chairs into any environment their scene needs. From studies in object work, finding inspiration in your space work, to becoming the scenery yourself, this class will teach you how to bring your scenes to life.

The Mopco Improv Fundamentals Wheel
Each of the four classes in the Fundamentals Wheel offers work on the core tenets of improv through a unique lens. The four classes are: Environment, Character, Narrative, and Scene. These reflect basic skill areas that good improv demands, all using the same core principles. You can jump into the wheel at any point.