[Capdist-auditions] Auditions - Macbeth (fee required)

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Wed May 10 18:55:13 EDT 2017

*Auditions - Shakespeare’s Macbeth*

*May 21, 22 from 5:30 to 7:30*

*info at steamer10theatre.org* <mailto:info at steamer10theatre.org>*--
518-438-5503 *

*Steamer No.10 Theatre – 500 Western Avenue – Albany, NY*

*Parking in Citizens Bank lot – across the street*

This is part of our CAST program and we are particularly looking for
older teens – 12-17.

Tuition required - scholarships available.

*Performance Dates: July 27 to August 6 *at our*Shakespeare in Lincoln
Park stage*

You will be reading from sides - pieces of the script.

*The Tragedy of Macbeth *- A brave Scottish general named Macbeth
receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become
King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his
wife, Macbeth murders King Duncan and takes the Scottish throne for
himself. He is then wracked with guilt and paranoia. Forced to commit
more and more murders to protect himself from enmity and suspicion, he
soon becomes a tyrannical ruler. The bloodbath and consequent civil war
swiftly take Macbeth and Lady Macbeth into the realms of madness and death.

*CAST* – Creative Arts at Steamer Ten is our Theatre Arts program.  We
produce shows with students aged 12 to 17 with rehearsals at least twice
each week over the course of a 10 week period.  The cast and crew create
the sets and costumes for the show which has 6 to 8 performances over
two weekends.

This is a tuition based program – $250 which covers 10 weeks of
rehearsal/class twice each week for 2-3 hours; costumes.  Scholarships
are available based on economic need.

---