[Capdist-auditions] ATTN: Change of performance dates!!

Kayla Toney kaytoney at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 19:46:43 EDT 2017

PLEASE NOTE the notice for this audition has already gone out, but due to a conflict with the venue THE PERFORMANCE DATES HAVE CHANGED! We apologize for any inconvenience! Please take a look at the details and email the director (listed at the bottom) with any questions!

PTL is proud to announce auditons for our summer show, Ruthless!. Ruthless is the story of a naive 1950s-adjacent housewife, Judy, and her adorable but sociopathic 8-year-old daughter, Tina. Encouraged by her manager, Sylvia, Tina will do ANYTHING to get the lead role in her school play, "including murdering the leading lady!" In Act II, while Tina spends time at a reform school for psychopathic ingenues, Judy discovers from her adoptive mother that her birth mother was a famous actress. Judy decides that she should be famous as well and becomes a Broadway diva.

PERFORMANCES will take place August 11-13, 2017 at the newly reopened Strand Theatre in Hudson Falls!
Rehearsals will be 1-2 weeknight evenings per week in Glens Falls and/or Hudson Falls, beginning June 19.
Directed by Kayla Toney & Music Directed by Jonathan Granger

AUDITIONS will take place in the Community Room of Crandall Library in Glens Falls (enter from the Glen St. doors and head down the stairs) on MONDAY 5/15 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.

FOR AUDITIONS please prepare 32 bars of an upbeat showtune number that shows us personality! We are looking for actors who can sing, rather than singers who can act!
Please be available for the entire audition time, unless we dismiss you :)
Please be prepared to learn song pieces from the show, to learn a simple dance routine, and/or to cold read some scenes.

PRINCIPAL ROLES AVAILABLE:

Tina Denmark - an 8-year-old, aspiring child actress with bratty tendencies (PLEASE NOTE We are willing to cast almost any age actress, if they are right for the role!)
Belts to an C sharp

Judy Denmark - Tina's doting, domestic goddess mother who discovers she has a secret alter-ego in Ginger DelMarco, Broadway Diva

Lita Encore - a drama critic, and Tina's dramatic, musicals-hating grandmother. Judy's adoptive mother - MAY BE PLAYED BY A MALE ACTOR IN DRAG

M. Thorn - TIna's teacher, a bitter failed actress with a few regrets and a demanding director - MAY BE PLAYED BY A MALE OR FEMALE

Sylvia St. Croix - a talent agent with a secret alter-ego, TYPICALLY PLAYED BY A MALE IN DRAG

Eve - Ginger's jealous, undevoted assistant, has a jazzy solo and an attitude

Louise - Tina's less-talented nemesis, the leading lady of the school play!

PLEASE CONTACT DIRECTOR Kayla Toney / kaytoney at yahoo.com IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO AUDITION AND CAN NOT MAKE THIS TIME.

All actors will be asked to purchase their own scripts for $20 which they will be able to keep.