[Capdist-auditions] TROY FOUNDRY THEATRE: CALL FOR NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS

Troy Foundry Theatre troyfoundrytheatre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:53:37 EST 2017

*TROY FOUNDRY THEATRE:  CALL FOR NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS*

Troy Foundry Theatre, a 501(c) 3 professional theatre company in Troy, NY
is accepting submissions for new plays.  The selected plays will be
presented in a staged reading format as a part of Troy Foundry Theatre’s
new Dark Day Mondays Series, with the possibility of being considered for a
full staging.

The plays selected during this round of submission will have Dark Day
Monday readings in December of 2017 in the *Theatre of Revolt: A Festival
of Resistance *session, which will explore themes of revolt, resistance,
rebellion, or defiance (politically, socially, physically, or emotionally.)
*Troy Foundry Theatre** explores the social issues of today by
collaborating with a variety of artists from multiple disciplines to
produce and perform new work and reinterpreted classics through the means
of new writing, devising and immersive performances.  We are dedicated to
the support and development of new playwrights and new work and the
expansion of the American theatrical canon.   We inquire. We mould. We
create.*

Submission Details:

 This information can also be found at
https://www.troyfoundrytheatre.com/dark-day-mondays/.

The submitted play needs to be recently written and possibly never staged
before. We are not interested in monologues. There are no restrictions on
script-length or subject.

*Submissions will be accepted through Monday, November 13, 2017. *
All applications need to be sent totroyfoundrytheatre at gmail.com with the
subject line:

“New Play Submission 2017_Playwrights Name_ Play’s Title”

(example: “New Play Submission 2017_Smith John_The Game ”)

The email needs to have attached:

   - The full play in PDF format.
   - Logline: 6 lines maximum that summarizes the core of the story and
   highlight its originality.
   - The playwright’s phone number and email
   - The playwright’s resume
   - If the play has already received or will receive a reading/staging,
   please let us know the details of where and when.

To learn more about Troy Foundry Theatre visit:
https://www.troyfoundrytheatre.com/.