[Capdist-auditions] AUDITIONS: A MURDER IS ANNOUNCED!

Brian Sheldon Brian at slca-ctp.org
Thu Jun 14 14:21:00 EDT 2018

AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT

"A MURDER IS ANNOUNCED"

By Agatha Christie

Audition Dates

Sunday 6/17 @ 7pm
Monday 6/18 @ 7:30pm

Tuesday 6/19 A 7pm

Wednesday 6/20 @ 7pm (Callbacks, if needed)
Location: The Sand Lake Center for the Arts
2880 NY 43
Averill Park, NY 12018

PLAY SYNOPSIS: Fast paced Agatha Christie "who-dun-it" with Miss Marple on
the case exposing the killer and solving the crime. There are plenty of
twists and turns and false leads in the play with Christie's almost patented
and audience pleasing surprise ending. There are great roles too for all of
the actors. English accents are a must.

CHARACTERS:

Julia Simmons-Young adult

Letitia Blacklock-50 plus

Dora Bunner-60ish

Patrick Simmons-Young adult

Mitzi-To be determined

Miss Marple-60ish

Philippa Haymes-Young adult

Mrs. Swettenham-55 plus

Rudi Scherz-Young adult

Inspector Craddock-50 plus

Sergeant Mellor-55 plus

Edmund Swettenham-Young adult

REHEARSALS

We will begin rehearsals starting with the third week of August from 7pm to
10pm. Rehearsal schedule will be announced once the play is cast.

PRODUCTION DATES

October 5, 6, 7, 11,12,13, 14. Tech week and run through begin starting
Sunday, September 30.We will have a test audience close to opening night.
More later on tech and run through week.

PRODUCTION OPPORTUNITIES

There is a wealth of opportunities working backstage in many of the key
areas of production. Working backstage deepens your understanding of the
theater where author-actor-and production crew make the words on a page come
to life. Our crews are always part of the production itself including the
cast party.

I'm looking forward to be working with you.

Paul

Paul Trela, Production Director. ptrela at nycap.rr.com
<mailto:ptrela at nycap.rr.com>

Shirley Neiss, Producer