[Capdist-auditions] CASTING FOR STUDENT FILM

J. Henry Caughey caugheyhenry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:55:37 EST 2018

Hi all!
My name is Henry Caughey and I'm a film student from SUNY Purchase trying
to cast three roles for my sophomore thesis project. I'm shooting April 4th
- 6th in the Town of Mayfield, NY which is about 45 min west of Albany/
Saratoga. I will be able to provide on set food/meals, compensation for
travel, and all footage to the actors.

The film takes place during the reception of the funeral of Helen, a wife
to our lead GERALD, and mother to SARA and ANA. The location is a small
Adirondack style camp home on the Great Sacandaga Lake.

The roles I'm looking to cast are as follows.

Gerald-
    A 65-80 year old man who is mourning the loss of his wife. During this
piece he comes to terms with her loss through the notion of faith in
religion and family. Stoic and reserved.

Sara-
   30-45.  Gerald's eldest daughter. She bears a motherly aura and kind
demeanor. She now takes up the space the mother left open in caring for
Gerald.

Ana-
    25-40.  Gerald's younger daughter. After moving away post college, this
is Ana's first time returning home in 10-15 years. She is now faced with
being back in an uncomfortable setting she ran away from, as well as the
pressure her distance has put on her and Gerald's relationship.

Please direct all emails to caugheyhenry at gmail.com and any phone
calls/texts to 518-441-3872.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

J. Henry Caughey