[Capdist-auditions] Auditions--Give My Regards to Broadway

Cheryl Charbonneau ccharbo at live.com
Sun Mar 25 14:27:17 EDT 2018

Coming up this week! Hope to see you there!
Auditions
March 27, 28, and 29—7 pm
Colonial Little Theatre      1 Colonial Ct.      Johnstown, NY

Give My Regards to Broadway
Book by Shubert Fendrich
Music and Lyrics by George M Cohan
Roles for 10 females and 5 males.

Dick Foster is opening a Broadway show but is having problems with both money and his leading lady. Will newcomer Mary Collins achieve her big dream of stardom, or will a mobster’s antics bring down the curtain? Fun characters, combined with Cohan’s beloved tunes make for a good time!

Cast of characters: Dick Foster, director, age 25-45; Eddie Cowles, pianist, 25-45; Trixie, chorus girl, Leg’s girl, 25-35; Betty, chorus girl, Eddie’s girl, 20-35; Flossie, chorus girl, 18-30; Suzie, chorus girl, 18-30; Connie, chorus girl, 18-30; Hilda, chorus girl, 18-30; Mona Monroe, Broadway star (non- singing), 31+; Mary Collins, aspiring actress, 20-25; Legs Ruby, bookie, 40+; Millie, attractive girl, Betty’s niece, 18; Mugsy, gangster hit man (non- singing), 40+; Babs, his “moll” (non- singing), 40+; Donald Harper, “Harvard man,” 20-24.

Ages listed are suggestions only. We can be flexible. All ages (high schoolers to senior citizens) are encouraged to audition.
Acting—Read from the script. No monologues needed.
Singing—Bring your own accompaniment on CD, or sing along with one of our George M Cohan songs from the show.
Dancing—Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to move on stage.  Dance experience is a plus, but not necessary.
Director: Cheryl Charbonneau
Musical Director: Cynthia Fiorenza
Performances: June 1-3 and 8-10.
For more info, contact Cheryl  ccharbo at live.com<mailto:ccharbo at live.com>  518-355-6694