[Capdist-auditions] Openings for YAG High School Apprentice Program - Fee Required

Mary D'Amico bestyagever at gmail.com
Tue May 1 07:03:51 EDT 2018

The Young Actors Guild Apprenticeship Program has openings for students
ages 16 -up interested in Theater. The hands-on style of training we
provide at Young Actors Guild is valuable in many ways to our students.
Apprentices will receive a partial tuition waiver.  Not only does it give
them ongoing theatre training by qualified professionals, but we
consistently work on the following:

Work ethic

Ø  Responsibility

Ø  Peer leadership

Ø  Community Service

Our Apprentices will also continue to be trained by professional staff as
students in the following areas:

Ø  Music

Ø  Acting

Ø  Dance

Ø  Creative Movement

Other areas of exposure that will be given to our high school apprentices
include the folowing.  If there is a specific indication of interest,
talent and ability to any one skill, we will do our best to encourage and
to provide further training and opportunity to that individual, at the
discretion of the instructors and the director of the program.

Ø  *Costumes*

Ø  *Make-up*

Ø  *Basic Set Design*

Ø  *Basic Set Construction*

Ø  *Basic Set Painting*

Ø  *Understanding the Set Shop - organization of materials*

Ø  *Strike*

Ø  *Ticket Sales*

Ø  *Publicity*

Ø  *Props*

*Apprentices will need to be available during the seven weeks of YAG this
summer including 2 one week programs and our 5 week Summer Program.  (One
Weeks June 25 - 29, August 13 -17, 5 Week-July 9 - Aug 10)  We do full
scale Productions in the last two weeks of the 5 week program
which sometimes requires times outside of the regular hours.  *

*Apprentices will take classes from professional Staff and participate in
our Performance Opportunities. *

*To Apply please send a letter of interest and resume with prior experience
to Mary D'Amico at bestyagever at gmail.com <bestyagever at gmail.com>.*