[Capdist-auditions] Actors Needed - Mock Interviews - Paid

Kerr, Amy L akerr at albany.edu
Fri May 4 15:07:23 EDT 2018

Since 2017 Research Foundation of SUNY Professional Development Program has partnered with the Gundersen National Child Protection Training Center and New York State Office of Children and Family Services to provide Child Forensic Interviewing Training across the NYS, which provides training in the ChildFirst(r) Forensic Interview Protocol. The foundation of ChildFirst(r) is the best interest of the child. The training includes child development, memory and suggestibility, cultural considerations, working effectively as a multi-disciplinary team (MDT). This five-day classroom training course gives child abuse professionals a comprehensive introduction to the forensic interviewing process and teaches students to apply the latest research to real-life situations.

A principal component of the five-day course is mock interviews, which are conducted on the Thursday and Friday of each week long training, during which each trainee conducts an interview with a "child" one-on-one. For these mock interviews, we use adult actors to portray the children.

We have trainings across New York State!  So spread the word to your friends! The actors are needed about 11:00am - 5pm on Thursday and 7:45am - 12:15pm on Friday (we will know exact times as the training gets closer).  This is a paid job. If an actor's mileage from home to the training site is less than 50 miles one-way, total reimbursement is $175 (this is total for both days - not per day).  If the mileage from home to the training site is 50 miles or more one-way, reimbursement is $295 total (this is total for both days - not per day).

We are looking for 3-4 adult actors (18 years & up) who would be interested and available to play up to 5 different children being interviewed by course trainees. Using scenarios we provide, each actor develops the necessary backstory for each child and needs to be prepared to answer questions in character and age appropriately.

Contact Amy Kerr at akerr at albany.edu<mailto:akerr at albany.edu> with interest and resume specific dates you are available for.

Available dates:
5/17/2018

5/18/2018

Bethpage, LI

The Safe Center LI 15 Grumman Rd West Suite 1000, Bethpage

6/7/2018

6/8/2018

Binghamton

Double Tree Hotel 225 Water St, Binghamton

6/28/2018

6/29/2018

Buffalo

Erie County Training & Operations Center 3359 Broadway St, Cheektowaga

7/12/2018

7/13/2018

Rochester

680 Westfall Road, Rochester, NY 14620

7/26/2018

7/27/2018

Plattsburgh

130 Arizona Ave, Plattsburgh, NY 12901

8/9/2018

8/10/2018

Syracuse

Empire State College 633 State Route 298, East Syracuse

8/23/2018

8/24/2018

Batavia/Olean

Jamestown Community College 280 N. Union St. Olean

9/13/2018

9/14/2018

Elmira

311 W Center Street Elmira NY  14901