[Capdist-auditions] Confetti Stage Announces Auditions for "Cyrano" May 14th and 15th at the Albany Masonic Hall

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:58:13 EDT 2018

Confetti Stage announces auditions for:

*Cyrano*, based on the play by Edmond Rostand, Translated by Michael
Hollinger; adapted by Michael Hollinger and Aaron Posner.

Directed by Cory Haines (coryhainesmagic at yahoo.com)

Audition dates: Monday May 14 and Tuesday May 15, 2018 at the Albany
Masonic Temple. Sign in 6:30 pm, start 7:00 pm.

Show dates: August 3,4,5 and August 9, 10, 11 and 12. Tech week begins July
27.

It’s time to show your panache and explore both the Comedy and Tragedy
masks in this modern adaption of the classic tale, to be presented in the
beautiful outdoor gardens of Ten Broeck Mansion in Albany, NY! We are
seeking a diverse cast to be part of this energetic, multi-disciplinary
production in the Comedigeek del Chi* tradition. (*Comedigeek del Chi is
completely made up by the director and has no actual known tradition; but
someday it will.)

Those auditioning should come prepared to stay the entire time of the
audition. (It will be fun. I promise!) You may prepare a short (1 minute or
less) monologue or read a monologue provided at the audition.  The audition
will also involve some improv work and reading from sides to be provided at
the audition.

Please make us aware of any special talents you may have: Singing, Dancing,
Drumming, Sword Play, Puppetry, Magic, Mountain Climbing, Yodeling, Making
Funny Faces, etc. All may have a place in this show!

Parts Available:
(Note: Many actors will play multiple roles by script design. Alternative
casting (male/female) will be considered for all roles except Cyrano,
Roxane, Christian, and DeValvert.)

CYRANO (M/20-40) Energetic, impulsive, emotional, a wizard with words and
swords. The classic warrior/poet.

ROXANE (F/20-40) Smart, romantic, beautiful, elegant. An impetuous heart
with a deep soul. (May double as Masked Actress.)

CHRISTIAN (M/20-30) Proud, bold with men, shy with women. Aware of his
shortcomings. (May double as Masked Actor, Angry Subscriber and Fighter).

LeBRET (30-50+) Captain of the Gascony Guard. Cyrano’s closest friend. Our
guide to the play.

DeGUICHE (30-50+) Aristocrat. Enamored of Roxane. Married to power. Both
resents and admires Cyrano. (May double as Gambler and Fighter.)

RAGUENEAU (20-50+) Big hearted pastry chef. Lover of art and poetry. (May
double as Man, Philippe and Fighter.)

DeVALVERT (M/20-40) Stylish, vein aristocrat. Believes he is a great
swordsman. (May double as Etienne and Fighter.)

LIGNIERE (20-50+) The great drunken poet. The only time he is not drinking
is when his foot is in his mouth. (May double as Citizen, Jean Pierre, and
Montfleury.)

DESIREE (30-50+) Roxane’s chaperone. Watchful of her honor. (May double as
Bellerose, Marcel and Sister Marthe.)

Director’s Note: My goal, always, is to emphasize the *community *aspect of
community theater. There is no greater experience than creating a work of
living art with other enthusiastic artists. I look forward to sharing this
creative crucible with all who will join our quest.