[Capdist-auditions] Disney's Newsies Auditions (Fee Required)

Master Class Performing Arts masterclassperformingarts at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:09:16 EDT 2018

*Master Class Performing Arts*

*Disney’s Newsies** Audition Notice*

Auditions for actors and actresses age 12 and up are scheduled for
Saturday, June 16th beginning at 10:00am at QUEST, 826 State Street,
Schenectady, NY.  Applicants should come prepared to perform 32 measures of
any Broadway song, and complete a dance audition.  An accompanist will be
available.  NO ACAPELLA OR CD AUDITIONS will be permitted.  We will be
accepting students between the ages of 8 and 11 for the character of
Les.  Please
see attached character descriptions as well as vocal and gender
breakdown.  Doubling
may be used.

Please bring appropriate dance wear for a dance call.  ALL students are
required to participate in the dance call in order to be cast in the
production.  We are very excited to be hosting guest choreographer Nicholas
Masson from *Disney’s Newsies*.

Please keep in mind that we provide several forms that must be completed
prior to the audition.  If you are under the age of 18 a parent must
accompany you to the audition in order to fill out the forms and sign the
paperwork.

*DISNEY’S NEWSIES*

​*Performance Dates:*  October 25 – 28, 2018

*Rehearsal Dates:*

Dance Workshops TBA (August/September);

Thursday & Saturday (September);

Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday (October).

*Performance and Rehearsal Location:*  QUEST (826 State Street, Schenectady)

*Tuition Payment:*

​For students participating in our production (18 & under) tuition will be
$250.00.

​For adults participating in our production (above age 18) we ask for a
costuming fee of $50.00.

At the time of audition, we will be collecting a $50.00 non-refundable
deposit that will be deducted from tuition.

*If you are auditioning for the following roles please prepare the songs
listed below (in addition to your normal audition song):*

Jack Kelly – “Santa Fe”

Katherine Plumber – “Watch What Happens”

Crutchie – “Letter from The Refuge”

Davey – “Seize the Day”

Joseph Pulitzer – “The Bottom Line”

Medda Larkin – “That’s Rich”

*Music for each of these numbers will be provided at auditions.  If you
would like a copy of the music prior to the audition please email us at
masterclassperformingarts at gmail.com <masterclassperformingarts at gmail.com>.*