[Capdist-auditions] Please post this job notice to your list. Thank you

Steven Patterson kaliyuga.steven at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:08:17 EDT 2018

Hiring a Costumer for Two Productions at Bridge Street Theatre in Catskill.

Bridge Street Theatre, a small, semi-professional theatre in Catskill, NY,
is currently searching for a costumer for two of its remaining Mainstage
productions for 2018: David Mamet's THE REVENGE OF THE SPACE PANDAS (runs
July 12-22) and the world premiere of Michael Whistler’s CASSE NOISETTE
(runs November 8-18). This is a paid position and the job will entail some
costume construction.

SPACE PANDAS is a BIG show, a retro-sci-fi adventure (think cheesy 1950s
B&W outer space & monster movies). The show begins rehearsals on the week
of June 17th and runs Thurs-Sun from July 12-22. Large local cast mixing
adults actors with middle & high school students (which will hopefully mean
parents to aid in sewing and construction). Rodney Alan Greenblat (who owns
the Rodney Shop on Main Street in Catskill & did LOTS of animation, video
games, and design work in Japan years ago) has created some graphics that
we're using as a guide for the look of the production.

CASSE NOISETTE interweaves the biography of Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky with a
contemporary story about a closeted high school teacher obsessed with
Tchaikovsky’s music. Five actors who play roles in both time periods.
Rehearsals begin the week of October 21st and the show runs November 8-18.

If either or both sound at all intriguing, please get in touch with us as
soon as possible by sending an inquiry and resume to contact at bridgest.org.
You can find out more about us and the work we do by visiting our website
at BridgeSt.org.  We’d love the opportunity to work with you.