[Capdist-auditions] February 19 auditions for EMPAC performance

Angela Beallor angelabeallor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:49:54 EST 2019

Auditions February 19th from 6-9PM
West Hall, RPI, Room 323 (Enter through door at rear of building off the
top parking lot). We will provide an excerpt from the script to read.

This is for an April 26th performance at EMPAC.
*M.G. (a.k.a. I Want a Baby! Reimagined)* is a performance ABOUT the 1926
Soviet play "I Want a Baby!" written by Sergei Tret’iakov.

**We are seeking a diverse cast of actors to perform excerpts from the
original play.**

The original play centers on a cultural worker, Milda Grignau, who is
working to create a communal nursery to help alleviate some of the burdens
of childrearing. While in this process, she decides that she would like to
have a baby, without a father or partner, in order to contribute a
proletarian citizen to the new society. Eugenic methods are recommended and
she selects the construction worker Yakov to help achieve her goal. The
original play was censored and never performed in Russia until 1990.

This performance is a series of contemporary micro-performances, woven
together with staged excerpts of the original play, held together by a
lecturer who is exploring the content and context of the original play.

Performance is April 26th at EMPAC.
Production weeks in theatre mid-March and April 22-26.
Weekly rehearsals beginning last week of February.

Open casting
All are welcome.
POC, LGBTQ, varying gender expressions encouraged.
Diverse age range, bodies, abilities....

CONTACT: Angela Beallor, PhD candidate in Electronic Arts
(347) 757-1790
angelabeallor at gmail.com