[Capdist-auditions] Lee Fields Documentary Casting Call

Maddie Lutz mcl582 at nyu.edu
Fri Jul 19 10:58:13 EDT 2019

Hello!

I was told that your casting list was the best way to find actors in the
Albany area! I am casting a documentary on Lee Fields, the legendary soul
singer, and we need young actors, African-American male, ages 15-17 to
perform in a reenactment of the band playing. We would so appreaciate you
posting the casting call below to your auditions list, thanks!

-Maddie Lutz

CASTING CALL:
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact *Jess
at 2jessamyns at gmail.com <2jessamyns at gmail.com>* with your name, age, email,
phone number, your preferred instrument/role and a headshot (or picture) if
possible!

THE MOVIE & THE SCENE:

The Lee Fields Documentary (Working title) is a feature documentary film
about soul singer Lee Fields - a legend 50 years in the making.
www.leefieldsfilm.com
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.leefieldsfilm.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=erZba4OvALrIgU-YGBfJdw&m=4GIDhpbSUjfPZjh7wzph2SPGPjYVyLGwlhSFY3QB1zQ&s=ceh40tbIvZUPxHJ6-qhDnmx9nK1hwjNjLh5wY1-6nV8&e=>

For this scene, we are recreating Lee's memory of rehearsing with his high
school band on his grandmother's porch, circa 1965. The band was playing to
an empty field, but to them, that porch was a stage. Sometimes, Lee and the
backup singers would even imitate James Brown's famous "throwing off the
cape" routine - The backup singers would throw a cape on Lee and guide him
off stage, and then Lee would dramatically throw off the cape, and keep
singing. (See the following link for an example: 2:10 - 2:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vruy2GRUsV8
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3Dvruy2GRUsV8&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=erZba4OvALrIgU-YGBfJdw&m=4GIDhpbSUjfPZjh7wzph2SPGPjYVyLGwlhSFY3QB1zQ&s=cU6IBuZNjX9RBGeuVGS-k0r4Cq-op250LoeHL_ygh88&e=>
)

Actors should have musical ability - must be able to believably play drums,
guitar, or sing, and must be able to keep a beat. However, the audio from
the actor's performance will not be included in the film, so actors will
not need to learn the song.

SKYPE/FACETIME AUDITION: