[Capdist-auditions] Actors/Actresses needed for paid jobs in Orange & Delaware counties at end of March

Kerr, Amy L akerr at albany.edu
Tue Mar 5 12:34:56 EST 2019

We are in need of one or two actors/actresses for 2 separate paid acting jobs. This opportunity is not for everyone due to the content of the training.

The first training is the week of March 18th at the Orange County Fire Training Center in New Hampton, the second training is the week of March 25th at the Delaware County Public Safety Building in Delhi, we need 1 or 2 actors/actresses for both Thursday and Friday of each week. The actors are needed at about 11:15am - 5pm on Thursday (March 21st and/or 28th) and 7:45am - 12:15pm on Friday (March 22nd and/or 29th).

Each week is a separate paid job. If an actor's mileage from home to the training site is less than 50 miles, reimbursement is $175.  If the mileage from home to the training site is 50 miles or more, reimbursement is $295.

We partner with the Zero Abuse Project and New York State Office of Children and Family Services to provide Child Forensic Interviewing Training across the state, which provides training in the ChildFirst(r) Forensic Interview Protocol. The foundation of ChildFirst(r) is: the best interest of the child. The training also includes child development, memory and suggestibility, cultural considerations, working effectively as a multi-disciplinary team (MDT), testifying in court, legal issues and preparing children for court. This five-day classroom training course gives child abuse professionals a comprehensive introduction to the forensic interviewing process and teaches students to apply the latest research to real-life situations.

A principal component of the five-day course is mock interviews, which are conducted on the Thursday and Friday of each week long training, during which each trainee conducts an interview with a "child" one-on-one. For these mock interviews, we use adult actors to portray the children.

We are looking for 1 or 2 actors/actresses who would be interested and available to play several different children who are interviewed by course trainees. Case scenarios are provided to the actors indicating the type of abuse each child has been subjected to (physical, sexual, maltreatment).  Using scenarios we provide, each actor develops the necessary backstory for each child and needs to be prepared to answer questions in character and age appropriately.

Contact Amy Kerr at akerr at albany.edu<mailto:akerr at albany.edu> with availability and resume.

Amy L Kerr
Administrative Assistant II
Research Foundation of SUNY