[Capdist-auditions] Auditions - Sleeping Beauty (fee required - scholarships available)

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Sat Mar 9 10:24:03 EST 2019

*CAST - Auditions – Sleeping Beauty **–**Students 7-17*

Auditions: Mon., March 11 from 5:30 to 7:pm

*Performance Dates: *May 3, 4, 5, 11, 12**

*/Rehearsals: Mon. & Wed. from 5:30 to 8:30 – Some Saturday mornings 10-1/**
/Younger students may be released early/*

Auditioning students will read from sides - portions of the play

*Synopsis - *This is a straight play, not a musical.

Sleeping Beauty’s parents have invited the fairies to her christening –
but they neglected to invite one of them, who takes offense.As a result
Beauty is cursed to prick her finger and either die, or sleep for a
hundred years.

We have four different scripts and will choose the one most suited for
the students who audition.Some of the scripts are more traditional, some
are traditional but from lesser known sources, and some of them play
with the idea of what is the world like if you step out for 100 years
and then return?How does that affect you, your world view?

*CAST* – Creative Arts at Steamer Ten is our Theatre Arts program.
*CAST* is a tuition based program – $250 which covers 10 weeks of
rehearsal/class two to three times each week for 2-3 hours; also covers
costumes, masks, and make-up. _Scholarships are available_ based on
economic need.

We produce shows with students aged 7 to 17 with rehearsals at least
twice each week over the course of a 10 week period. The cast and crew
create the sets and costumes for the show which has 6 to 8 performances
over two to three weekends.

---