[Capdist-auditions] Electric City Chorus seeking new members

H & E Pedicone hpedicon at nycap.rr.com
Thu Mar 14 19:38:14 EDT 2019

Men of the New York State Capital District with a desire to sing in an
accomplished chorus are invited to seek to join the Electric City Chorus and
take advantage of our excellent leadership and instruction. The ECC is a
men's a cappella vocal music group that has been singing in the Barbershop
Style since 1944. We strive to sing at the highest quality, to entertain,
and to experience great fellowship and enjoyment.

You do not have to be a great singer..as long as you can learn and carry a
tune, we can work with you. Visit one of our rehearsals and check us out.
You won't be pressured to join, but you will have a lot of fun singing with
us. If you are a little nervous about the whole idea, bring a friend along
for moral (and vocal) support! We'll listen to you and help you find the
right vocal part to sing in barbershop music.

The ECC sings at many community venues in all seasons of the year. Coming up
in the next few months are performances in the Round Lake Auditorium, as
well as the Freedom Park (Scotia) and Bethlehem Library Summer concert
series. In addition, the chorus periodically competes with other choruses in
the northeast section of the United States and eastern Canada. In May 2018,
the ECC was named the "Most Improved Chorus" in the Mountain Division.  The
Electric City Chorus is a member of the international barbershop
organization, the Barbershop Harmony Society.

The ECC meets every Tuesday at 7:30 PM at the Faith United Methodist Church
on the corner of Brandywine and Eastern Parkway in Schenectady, New York
(unless we are out singing somewhere in the community). For more information
email: visit at electriccitychorus.org  visit our website at:
<http://electriccitychorus.org/> http://electriccitychorus.org, or see us on
Facebook, at:  <https://www.facebook.com/ElectricCityChorus/>
https://www.facebook.com/ElectricCityChorus/