[Capdist-auditions] Parade the Musical - Seeking Choir Members!

Master Class Performing Arts masterclassperformingarts at gmail.com
Fri May 3 10:42:41 EDT 2019

*Master Class Performing Arts,* located at the Electric City Barn (400
Craig Street, Schenectady) is seeking choral singers for a 20th Anniversary
Production of PARADE.  The show features *Music & Lyrics by Jason Robert
Brown *(The Last 5 Years, 13, Bridges of Madison County) and *Book by
Alfred Uhry*.  Our production is going to feature a 25-person choir that is
on stage (book in hand) for the duration of the show.  This is the first
time Master Class Performing Arts has attempted a production like this and
we would love for you to be a part of it!

We are looking to partner up with local choirs (in part or in whole) and/or
individual singers to create our own choir for this production.  The show
will feature 24 local professionals, live accompaniment, and the choir!

The show will run for one performance on Saturday, June 1, 2019.  Rehearsal
for the choir is set for the following dates:  Sunday, May 19 & Friday, May
24.  We will hold one tech/dress rehearsal on the morning of Saturday, June
1st.  ALL choir members are required to attend these three rehearsals.

To sign up to be a part of this thrilling production please email us at
masterclassperformingarts at gmail.com by Friday, May 10th.  We are seeking to
cast 6 Sopranos, 6 Altos, 6 Tenors and 6 Basses.

*About PARADE:*  Amid religious intolerance, political injustice and racial
tension, the stirring Tony Award-winning *Parade* explores the endurance of
love and hope against all the odds. With a book by acclaimed playwright
Alfred Uhry (*Driving Miss Daisy*) and a rousing, colorful and haunting
score by Jason Robert Brown (*Songs For a New World, The Last Five Years,
Bridges of Madison County*), *Parade* is a moving examination of the
darkest corners of America's history.

In 1913, Leo Frank, a Brooklyn-raised Jew living in Georgia, is put on
trial for the murder of thirteen-year-old Mary Phagan, a factory worker
under his employ. Already guilty in the eyes of everyone around him, a
sensationalist publisher and a janitor's false testimony seal Leo's fate.
His only defenders are a governor with a conscience and, eventually, his
assimilated Southern wife who finds the strength and love to become his
greatest champion.

Daring, innovative and bold, *Parade* is filled with soaring music and a
heart-wrenching story, offering a moral lesson about the dangers of
prejudice and ignorance that should not be forgotten. Groups looking for
powerful, moving theatrical experiences will need to look no further than
this unforgettable show.