[Capdist-auditions] Free Ticket to theREP's Next Act! New Play Summit - June 8th

Margaret Hall mhall at capitalrep.org
Wed May 29 17:13:03 EDT 2019

Capital Repertory Theatre (theREP) is excited to offer this exciting opportunity to members of the Capital District Audition List.

Join us on Saturday June 8, 2019 for all three NEXT ACT events that day...FREE OF CHARGE!

theREP's NEXT ACT! New Play Summit 8, which will be taking place June 7-10, 2019 at both Capital Repertory Theatre in Albany, NY and Proctors Theatre in Schenectady, NY, is a four day summit designed to foster the development of work.

With the following code, NEXTACT19, you will gain entry to all three events taking place on Saturday June 8, 2019 at Proctors Theatre.

@1pm "The First 15: Be a Literary Manager" in the Orchestra Room in the Addy
@4pm "Young Adult Playwright Reading" in the Orchestra Room in the Addy
@7pm Second Look Reading of "The Luckiest People" by Meridith Friedman in the GE Theatre

To redeem this offer please call theREP's box office (or go online) at 518-445-7469 (capitalrep.org) and use the code NEXTACT19. Limit 1 per patron.

For the full summit schedule please visit capitalrep.org!

First 15: Be a Literary Manager SATURDAY JUNE 8 @1 P.M., AT PROCTORS Do you have what it takes to be a literary manager? Find out as you hear 10 minutes of 5 submissions read aloud and then YOU have to vote yes or no to the question all literary managers must answer: do you want to read the full script?

Young Adult Playwright Event SATURDAY JUNE 8 @4 P.M. AT PROCTORS Listen as we spotlight 3 short new plays written by young adults (Ava O'Dea's "Postmoretm"; Alyssa Haddad's "Wo[man]: and Straton Rushing's "Round the Decay")! This new event is the second designed specifically for young aspiring playwrights looking to hone their skills—and hearing ones play aloud, and how it resonates with an audience, is a very important part of the process!

Second Look SATURDAY JUNE 8 @7 P.M., AT PROCTORS This popular event is a way for theREP—and audiences—to get a second look at a play we’ve experienced before. While it didn’t quite make it into the top 2 the year it was originally submitted, we just can’t get out of our minds...THE LUCKIEST PEOPLE by Meridith Friedman -- Richard and David have it all in Luckiest: a wonderful family, great jobs, a Manhattan apartment and a great relationship. The natural next step is to start their family by adopting a child, right? But what happens when on partner begins to panic and fear of commitment rears its ugly head?

Complimentary light fare surrounds all summit activities! 🙂

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!