[Capdist-auditions] Confetti Stage is Looking for a Few Good Plays for its 2020/2021 Season

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:47:03 EST 2019

Confetti Stage, as a community theater, is always interested in which shows
our community would like to see us produce. To that end, we are now
accepting play suggestions for the 2020/2021 season.

We are asking for up to 3 suggestions for our upcoming 2020/2021 Season.
This season shall include:

   - 2 regular, main stage productions, performed in the Albany Masonic
   Temple, typically in February and April/May.
   - 1 Outdoor Summer show at Ten Broeck Mansion that is to be either
   Shakespeare or a “classic.” “Classic” in this case means a non-musical
   production that is either an important part of theater history or based on
   a classic work of literature. We try to keep this production geared towards
   families to enhance the fun, sunny atmosphere of summer theater. Not
   necessarily children, but families. Being within the public domain is a
   huge benefit for any suggestions, but not a necessity. Performances in
   August.
   - Confetti Fest, which features original works and not a part of this
   selection process. Performances at the Albany Masonic Temple in October.
   - A Christmas Show. This is at WAMC’s The Linda Performing Arts Studio.
   Performances in December.

This guideline is, of course, subject to change based on our needs and
resources.

Our Mission Statement (in case you need some inspiration):

*“Confetti Stage was founded to explore the human experience, while
illuminating the myriad diversities which define us as groups and
individuals. Confetti Stage promotes diversity and understanding through
the creation of dynamic and inspirational productions and educational
opportunities. We strive to maintain the highest possible level of artistic
standards while fostering collaboration and mutual respect.”*

If you are also interested in directing the show with us, you are
encouraged to submit a production concept, if you desire. Be advised that
any director candidate must also pitch their concept for the show before
the board before they are approved to direct any show that is chosen.

Copies of the form are available on our website at:

https://confettistage.org/get-involved/season-selection-recommendations/

*These forms are to be filled out and returned to us by December 31st,
2019.*

You may email them to confettistageinc at gmail.com

Thank you for your interest in our work, and we always appreciate your
feedback!

--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org