[Capdist-auditions] Improv Comedy Class at Saratoga Arts (Tuition based program)

David Braucher dcbraucher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:52:34 EDT 2019

Where: Saratoga Arts Center, 320 Broadway, Saratoga Springs.
When: Tuesdays, October 8, 15, 22, 29, November 5 and 12
Fee: $100.
What:
 -- Fast-paced, high energy, hands-on workshop.
 -- Create original comedic material.
 --Acquire confidence and widely applicable theatrical skill.
 --Short Form, Long Form.
 --Performance Games.
To register: Call Saratoga Arts 518-584-4132.

The Instructor: DAVID BRAUCHER, professional actor (AEA, AFTRA), master
teacher, director. Worked with Leila Kenzle (TV "Mad About You"), Carol
Woods (Broadway, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"), Ken Levine (TV, Head writer
"M*A*S*H" and "Cheers"), Kathleen Kellaigh (TV "Guiding light"), John Rue
(TV "Boardwalk Empire", "House of Cards").  Originated "Good Clean Fun" and
"Manhattan Improv Company"  troupes.  Trained improvisers in "Funny
Ladies", "Possible Side Effects", "Group Therapy", "Goodhead and Attitude",
"Awkward Kids Talking", "TILT", "Coocoo Handler", etc. Headed Improv
Program at Paul Sorvino's American Stage company and William Carlos
Williams Center for the Arts.

What They Say:
"We learned from from Charna halpern ("iO", Chicago), Miles Stroth (Second
City), Ali Farranokian (People's Improv Theater, NYC), Amy Poehler (SNL)
and DAVID BRAUCHER. All of whom taught improv so specifically, honoring the
true brilliance of open improv."
--Matt Donnelly, Possible Side Effects (NYC); The Bucket Show (Las vegas).

"I attribute any success I've had in comedy to DAVID BRAUCHER and my
initial improv training at Second City.  It's shaped my life as an exciting
adventure."
--Kerri-Anne Lavin, Second City Las Vegas; Disney XD On-Air Creative.

"DAVID BRAUCHER is a wonderful combination of true professional and gifted
instructor.  I leave his class exhilarated."
--Kathleen Kellaigh, "Guiding Light".

--
David Braucher
"Everyone can act. Everyone can improvise."