[Capdist-auditions] Playwriting Classes & Creative Wellness Group (fee required/sliding scale)

Maizy Broderick Scarpa maizy at nyu.edu
Tue Dec 29 11:00:29 EST 2020

Bloom Creativity <http://bloomcreativity.com> is offering winter classes
and groups. Tuition is on a sliding scale, and all classes meet virtually.
(Creatives Anonymous wellness group is pay-as-led!). Gift Certificates
available.

See below, or the attached flyer for details. BloomCreativity.com

<http://bloomcreativity.com/>

*Winter Classes & Groups*
*PLAYING & WRITING: The Fundamentals of Drama*
This 10-week course introduces the fundamentals of playwriting, while
offering exercises, tools, and practices that explore the "play" in
playwriting. Writers will leave the course with scenes, play-making
exercises, and their own 10-minute play. The perfect foundation for new
writers (or new-to-playwriting writers) itching to dive in the deep end. It
is also appropriate for seasoned writers looking to kick-start their
creativity.

Saturdays 10am-12pm (EST), beginning January 23rd.
10 Sessions

*SELF-SCRIPTING for Social Distancing*
Are you a performer who wants to keep creating during quarantine? Or maybe
you're a writer who wants to try your hand at solo performance? In this
course, which isn't a straight-up writing class and not exactly an acting
class either, we will experiment with what creating performance means in
the time of social distancing. We need stories now more than ever, and we
need to figure out new ways of telling them when we can't gather in the
same ways we used to. From podcast, safe site-specific, analogue
interactive, to video-chat, we'll think inside and outside the Zoom-box to
find ways to tell stories and keep creating together, apart.  This class is
intended for folks who already have some experience with dramatic
storytelling as a writer or performer.
Not sure if that's you? Have a question? Reach out! We'd love to help.

Fridays 3pm-5pm (EST) beginning January 22nd.
10 Sessions

*BLOOM STUDIO: A Space to Create*
Come workout at Bloom Studio! Each week will begin with a "warm up" prompt
or exploration. The rest of the time will be divided amongst participants,
giving everyone an equal share of time to use as they please: some weeks,
this might mean sharing a work-in-progress to hear it out loud and/or get
feedback. Other weeks, it might be brainstorming, trying out a new idea, or
crowdsourcing content. With a limit of 6 participants, each person will
benefit from the wisdom of the group; build creative community; and receive
reciprocal support while developing a project (or projects) of their
choosing. Come with a specific project(s) in mind, or use the Studio to
figure out what you are called to work on right now.  This class is
intended for folks who already have experience working or training  in
dramatic storytelling.
Not sure if that's you? Have a question? Reach out! We'd love to help.

Saturdays, 3pm-5:30pm (EST), beginning January 23rd
10 Sessions

*CREATIVES ANONYMOUS Wellness Group*Being an artist can be tough during the
best of times; Covid amplifies those challenges. Whether you have lost your
main source of income, are struggling to work from home with a family, are
feeling creatively blocked or are just plain tired of feeling anxious all
the time, this group will help you step back, rest, and reset while
navigating life's challenges. By tending to ourselves–body, mind & spirit––
with self-care, wellness, and mindfulness practices, we'll foster a
community of self-reflection and support. Though we may engage in
therapeutic practices, this is a peer-group and not therapy. Drop-ins
welcome (you don't have to sign up for all the sessions at once) but
advanced registration is required to ensure you receive the link to join.

Every 2 weeks on Wednesdays from 6pm-7:30pm (EST), beginning January 6th.

<http://bloomcreativity.com/>

bloomcreativity.com

Maizy Broderick Scarpa
*she/her & they/them*