[Capdist-auditions] Call for actors - Our Town - The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga

Jj Buechner localactorsguild at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 13:43:49 EST 2020

The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga is looking for Actors & Actresses for our May production of Our Town. Rehearsals will be held at The Saratoga Arts Center, 320 Broadway Saratoga Springs. The read through will be March 11th. Rehearsals will start March 16th Sundays (afternoon time TBD), Mondays & Wednesdays 7pm, through April 29th. Load in/tech will be May 3-7. The show runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday 5/8-5/17. If you are interested please email localactorsguild at gmail.com

Available roles:

Myrtle Webb – female age between 30 and 55 or so.

George Gibbs – male. Goes from age 16 to 20, (and is 32 in the final act appearance). It is a 16 of 1901 which is a sincere and naïve age. He is an idealist and a romantic. The love story with him and Emily is the spine of the action of the play. He strongly and sincerely desires to be the best person he can be for the love of his life.

Rebecca Gibbs – young girl age 11 to 13. Has a strong sense of energy and wonder about the world. Amazed at the stars and the earth’s place in the galaxy. Has a strong & important short speech about this at the end of Act 1.

Joe Crowell – male (or female) age 14 or so. Delivers the newspapers and sets up important sense of friendliness among the neighbors of the small town.

Simon Stimson – adult (usually male, open to female casting) unspecified age. Leader of the church choir, but has deep problems and a clear drinking problem. Attitude is acerbic, he/she is possibly depressed. Stimson’s drinking is the town’s scandalous gossip.

Constable Warren – adult male, age unspecified.

Si Crowell – male age to play early 20’s-30’s. Delivers the newspapers and sets up important sense of friendliness among the neighbors of the small town. Will also double as Sam Craig.

Joe Stoddard - Constable Warren – adult male, age unspecified.