[Capdist-auditions] IMPROV COMEDY WORKSHOP at ACCR (Tuition based program)

David Braucher dcbraucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 11:01:53 EST 2020

IMPROV COMEDY WORKSHOP at ARTS CENTER OF THE CAPITAL REGION

WHERE: Arts Center of the Capital Region, 265 River St., Troy, NY,
518-273-0552.
WHEN: Wednesdays 7-9 PM, January 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 4, 2020.
FEE: Member: $95, Non-member: $105.
WHAT:
-- Fast-paced, high energy hands on workshop.
--Create characters and original material.
--Acquire confidence and widely applicable comedy skills.
--Performance games
-- Short Form/Long Form.

THE INSTRUCTOR:
DAVID BRAUCHER, professional actor (AEA, AFTRA), master teacher, director.
45 years experience.  Worked with Leila Kenzle (TV "Mad About You"), Carol
Woods (B'way "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"), John Rue (TV "Broardwalk
Empire"), Kathleen Kellaigh (TV "Guiding light"), Ken Levine (Head Writer
"M*A*S*H", "Cheers"), etc. Director of Improvisation at Paul Sorvino's
American stage Company. Originated Good Clean Fun improv troupe. Trained
improvisers in Funny Ladies, Possible Side Effects, Group Therapy, Goodhead
and Attitude, Manhattan Improv Co., and many others.

WHAT THEY SAY:
"We learned from Charna Halpern ("IO", Chicago), Miles Stroth ("Second
City"), Ali Farranokian ("Peoples Improv Theater", NYC), Amy Poehler
("SNL", UCB") and David Braucher.  all of whom taught improv so
specifically, honoring the true brilliance of open improv.
... Matt Donnelly, Possible Side Effects (NYC); The Bucket Show (Las Vegas).

"I attribute any success I've had in comedy to David Braucher and my
initial improv training.  It's shaped my life as an exciting adventure."
... Kerri-Anne Lavin, Second City, Las Vegas; Disney XD On-Air Creative.

"A wonderful combination of true professional and gifted instructor. I
leave class exhilarated.
... Kathleen Kellaigh, "Guiding Light".

David Braucher
"Everyone can act. Everyone can improvise."