[Capdist-auditions] Actors/Musical Director for ELEANOR

scohennewyork at aol.com scohennewyork at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 20:38:18 EDT 2020

Hi! I'm looking at Sunday the 22nd and/or Sunday the 29th for auditions. My musical is closely based on the life of Eleanor Roosevelt. Most actors play multiple small parts, and sing and dance (some). The role of Hick, Eleanor's lover after Franklin betrays her, includes the only somewhat lengthy monologue, and a love song with Eleanor based on Eleanor's letters to Lorena Hickok, "Je t'aime at je t'adore." But there are several other women's roles.I'll send out scripts before the auditions. This is a fun show to be in -- a good mix of drama and humor. About half the cast, including Nellie Rustick Meier as Eleanor, were in the show in 2018 and want to do it again. And The Strand's renovations are complete!??Rehearsals will be some week night's and some weekend days. I have to work out the schedule with the Greenwich Village Offices. There's a great little rehearsal space a block from my house.??I will make every effort to accommodate the occasional scheduling conflict. If you want to be in the show I want you in the show...unless the miracle happens and I get absolutely flooded with applicants! It would be nice to have a child or two, especially for the factory scene.Auditions March 22nd and/or 29th.Thanks!-- Suzanne