[Capdist-auditions] Steamer No.10 Re-Opens CAST Summer – August (fee required-scholarships available)

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Wed Aug 4 22:13:03 EDT 2021

Steamer No.10 offers a limited version of the CAST Summer Sessions – 3
weeks, producing a different one-act show each week for students 7 to 18.

Each week CAST produces a show that is staged on Friday afternoon –
Script-in-Hand.On Monday morning everyone auditions for a role in that
week’s show.We rehearse each day working on character development,
blocking, use of props, etc.Toward the end of the week we add what sets
are available, lighting, and sound.On Friday afternoon the show will be
performed Script-in-Hand for an audience of family, friends, and
neighborhood children.

*We will have un-vaccinated students so everyone will wear masks while
inside.*

*info at steamer10theatre.org* <mailto:info at steamer10theatre.org>**
Ages 7 to 18
Monday to Friday:9:am to 5:pm
Tuition: $300(_includes a $50 – nonrefundable registration fee_)
/_Scholarships are Available_/
Performance: Friday Afternoon at 3:pm
*http://www.steamer10theatre.org/cast-summer-sessions*
<http://www.steamer10theatre.org/cast-summer-sessions>**

We will be running our CAST one-week Sessions in August:

·*Aug. 9-13 – Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz* – a great, short version of
the show that gathers in all the main characters – Scarecrow, Tin Man,
Cowardly Lion to help Dorothy get past the Wicked Witch of the West and
get to The Wizard of Oz. (Not the Musical)

·*Aug. 16-20 – Billy Beg and the Bull* – A traditional Cinderella tale,
except Cinderella is a boy named Billy, an Irish Prince who does not get
along with his step sister, whose fairy godmother is his pet Bull, and a
Princess he saves from a Dragon searches all of Ireland to find him
using the boot he left behind.

·*Aug. 23-27 – Egyptian Cinderella* – One of the oldest versions of the
Cinderella tale has Rhodopis (Cinderella) living as a slave in Egypt,
her only friends the animals by the River Nile. It brings in the
Egyptian god Horus, the Hawk, to serve as the match-making fairy
godmother by having Horus drop her dancing slipper into Pharaoh’s lap.

Monday to Friday 9:am to 5:pm – Performance at 3:pm on Friday

Tuition is $300/week – scholarships available