[Capdist-auditions] Creatives Anonymous Wellness Group (no fee, but donations accepted)

Maizy Broderick Scarpa maizy at nyu.edu
Tue Feb 2 12:32:07 EST 2021

*Bloom Creativity
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bloomcreativity.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=BdC3sbIDOSocR5XBPeD_ww&m=PL4RN-xeHk4e7Ba03ffx2xnJgO-5zZIwVXbfWIcNqLc&s=NJOJrR_r6pnBjFlr9GgAFMe59eJNHZd2CRvsWOb06cE&e=>
*
presents...
*Creatives Anonymous Wellness Group*
*What can this frigid midwinter weather teach us *

*about caring for ourselves and our creative practices?*[image:
aaron-burden-xtIYGB0KEqc-unsplash (1).jpg]
*This week, we are learning from the season! *

*Join us Wednesday (February 3rd) from 6-7:30pm*
[image: david-brooke-martin-50cGSHm1Jro-unsplash.jpg]

Being an artist can be tough during the best of times; Covid amplifies
those challenges. Whether you have lost your main source of income, are
struggling to work from home with a family, are feeling creatively blocked
or are just plain tired of feeling anxious all the time, this group will
help you step back, rest, and reset while navigating life’s challenges. By
tending to ourselves––body, mind & spirit––with self-care, wellness, and
mindfulness practices, we’ll foster a community of self-reflection and
support. Though we may engage in therapeutic practices, this is a
peer-group and not therapy. Drop-ins welcome (you don’t have to sign up for
multiple sessions at once) but advanced registration is required to ensure
you receive the link to join. Link to video-call will be sent out about an
hour before the session.

Group meets* every 2 weeks on Wednesdays* from 6pm-7:30pm (EST).

The next meeting is Wednesday February 3rd.

*In order to be as accessible, these groups are pay-as-led. (We recommend a
donation of $25 but i**f that isn't feasible for you, pay what you can.
There is no minimum donation, so please attend guilt-free!)*

*REGISTER HERE
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bloomcreativity.weebly.com_creatives-2Danonymous.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=BdC3sbIDOSocR5XBPeD_ww&m=PL4RN-xeHk4e7Ba03ffx2xnJgO-5zZIwVXbfWIcNqLc&s=V1yOWtecEMqcplI8E_iDZvblZQjtva73jzIGNdyXcds&e=>*

[image: Bloom_Logo_v2.png]

*At Bloom...*
*We know* that having a solid foundation in your craft frees artists to
express their fullest selves.
*We understand* that creativity is best cultivated in supportive
communities.
*We believe* that all people are artists, and all artists are people.
*Sometimes y**ou just n**eed a little reminder...*

*Bloom's founder/facilitator*
[image: MaizyScarpaHeadshot (small).jpg]
*Maizy Broderick Scarpa* is a playwright, theatre director, and performer
and these perspectives inform her teaching. In addition to one-on-one
coaching, Maizy has taught at Barrington Stage Co, Shakespeare & Company,
Hampton Shakespeare Festival, Dorset Theatre Festival, The Buxton School,
and in the Kurdish Regional Government.  Her workshop "Writing Gender:
Tools for Playwrights" was presented at WAM Theatre and subsequently
Statera Conference IV. A proud member of the Dramatists Guild, Maizy's
plays have been performed throughout the Northeast (Berkshire Playwrights
Lab, Shakespeare & Company, WAM Theatre, Hubbard Hall, Main Street Arts,
Opera House Arts, Pauline Productions), NYC (NYU Tisch's Experimental
Theatre Wing, Stella Adler Studio, 51 Local), and LA (Method and Madness
Theatre Co.), and as well as at several venues in Sweden including the
prestigious Vaastmanland Teater.  She believes that all humans are artists
and she is enlivened by nurturing their creative journeys. Maizy graduated
from NYU/Tisch with degrees in theatre and creative writing. You can
sometimes catch her voice on WBUR's award-winning podcast Circle Round. She
lives in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.

maizyscarpa.com
bloomcreativity.com