[Capdist-auditions] Audition notice - "An Ideal Husband" (Oscar Wilde) Feb. 11 and 13 with Classic Theater Guild

Laura Griffin lapgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 14:42:29 EST 2021

100% virtual production, with no in-person meetings at all.
*Summary:* Sir Richard Chiltern has everything needed for happiness in
1890s London - wealth, a successful political career, and a brilliant wife
who idolizes him. His life could come crashing down, though, when an old
friend of his wife’s shows up with evidence that reveals the fraudulent
source of his wealth. Laura Cheverly threatens to expose him if he doesn’t
corruptly support a political project that benefits her. Can his charmingly
idle friend Lord Goring & his witty sister Mabel save both his honor and
his family?
*Characters:*
THE EARL OF CAVERSHAM (M)
LORD ARTHUR GORING, his Son (M)
SIR ROBERT CHILTERN Under-Secretary for Foreign Affairs (M)
VICOMTE DE NANJAC, Attaché at the French Embassy in London (M)
MR. MONTFORD (M)
MASON, Butler to Sir Robert Chiltern (M)
PHIPPS, Lord Goring’s Servant (M)
LADY CHILTERN (F)
LADY MARKBY (F)
THE COUNTESS OF BASILDON (F)
MRS. MARCHMONT (F)
MISS MABEL CHILTERN, Sir Robert Chiltern’s Sister (F)
MRS. LAURA CHEVELEY (F)
Servants
Some roles may be doubled or cast as different genders
*Auditions: *Auditions will be Thursday February 11 at 7:15 PM and will run
until 9:15 PM; and on Saturday, February 13 from 3 PM until 5 PM, on
Zoom. *Please
prepare a short monologue not to exceed two minutes*.
*Email us at classictheaterguild at gmail.com <classictheaterguild at gmail.com>
and we will send you a link & any further instructions. *Let us know if you
don’t use Zoom, and we will help you get set up, as access to Zoom will be
important for rehearsals!
Rehearsals will be Thursdays at 7:15 and Saturdays at 1PM; we expect them
to last 2 hours. We anticipate doing three weeks of rehearsals, and then
one or two tech rehearsals prior to “going live”.  7-8 rehearsals total.
Anticipated show date: March 20, with recording available for several days
afterward
100% virtual production, with no in-person meetings at all. You will be
asked to semi-memorize your part and use a teleprompter sparingly.
*Director:* Jonathan Riven, producer Umber Gold
*Contact: *classictheaterguild at gmail.com