[Capdist-auditions] Performing Arts Virtual Classes - Fee Required (Scholarships Available!)

Kit Goldstein Grant goldstek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:21:32 EST 2021

Hi Capital District peoples!

We still have a few spaces available in classes I'm running that start this
Saturday, including our BRING IT! acting/singing class for ages 10 - 18,
with Broadway, film and TV performer and all around lovely, warm and
positive human being Jillian Louis!  I am also offering a Music Theory for
Songwriters class for mature teens and adults - you don't need any musical
experience for this course - we start from the beginning and by the end of
the 8 weeks you should be able to invent and write down your own melodies
and simple chords!

*Bring  It!   DROP-IN or Register for 8 weeks!*
Ages: 10 - 18
Teacher:  Jillian Louis, co-teacher Kit Goldstein Grant
Dates/Times:  8 Sessions – drop-ins welcome at any session! Saturdays,
February 20 – April 17 (NO CLASS APRIL 3), 12:15 – 1:15 pm EST
Cost:  $30/class or $225/8 sessions

Bring ANYTHING you would like to work on performing - song, monologue,
scene, poem, original work, or even a speech or presentation for class.
Grow in confidence, creativity, and inspiration in your art and work!
  Drop in for any session you like, or sign up for an 8-week package of
sessions!

*Music Theory for Songwriters  *
Ages: Adult (& Mature Teens)
Teacher: Kit Goldstein Grant, co-taught by Jillian Louis
Dates/Times:  8 Sessions.  Saturdays, February 20 – April 17 (NO CLASS
APRIL 3), 1:30 – 3 pm EST
Cost:  $275
Required Materials:  Access to a piano or keyboard.

Do you have ideas for songs, but lack the tools to get the song out of your
head and onto the page?  Are you already writing songs, but feel lost when
other writers discuss the circle of fifths?  This course will be a quick
overview of some of the most fundamental aspects of music theory necessary
to writing your own melody and chords, including notation basics, key
signatures, modes, and more.  Assignments will be given at each session
which will help you build your skills and put your new knowledge into
practice!  No prior knowledge necessary.

*Full and partial scholarships are available for all classes!  Full details
and registration at: www.totallyirrelevantproductions.com
<http://www.totallyirrelevantproductions.com>.  Class sizes are strictly
limited, so sign up early to ensure your space!*

Hope you are all doing well!

Kit
(Former Schenectadian, currently writing musicals in NYC!)
www.kitgoldstein.com

[image: Paper Kite Arts Spring 2021 1-23-21 llr.jpg]

--
Kit Goldstein Grant
Composer, Lyricist, Librettist, Teaching Artist
goldstek at gmail.com
www.kitgoldstein.com