[Capdist-auditions] Accompanist, Mopco Improv Theatre

Michael Burns michaelburns at mopco.org
Tue Jul 6 15:46:03 EDT 2021

Hello friends,

Kindly post? Many thanks!

The Mopco Improv Theatre, 10 N. Jay St. in Schenectady, seeks an accompanist (Piano)  for our improvised shows.  The right person would have the ability to improvise in multiple musical genres including pop, Broadway show tunes, Movie/incidental music, etc. Further, the ability to truly play in support of actors improvising songs. Able to roll with the punches of flexible handling of time signature or key on the part of the improvisers is very important. Our motto all around is “Make your partner look good.”

Performances are paid. A certain number of rehearsals per month are required (probably 1x per month at the start, rehearsals are Tuesday evenings) Unfortunately, as we are coming back from the COVID shutdown we cannot afford to pay for rehearsal time.

Perks include improv class tuition for the accompanist, a limited number of comp tickets to shows, and further opportunities for paid work as it arises.

Auditions by appointment; if interested please email Michael Burns, michaelburns at mopco.org <mailto:michaelburns at mopco.org>, or call me at 518 248 7430.

Michael Burns
Artistic Director
The Mopco Improv Theatre