[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for "Boeing, Boeing" with Classic Theater Guild NEXT WEEK

Laura Griffin lapgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:00:29 EDT 2021

*Classic Theater Guild Inc. Presents:*

Auditions for *Boeing, Boeing *written by Marc Camoletti, translated by
Beverly Cross and Francis Evans.

Directed by Glenn Read (contact glenn.read at me.com with inquiries)

*Audition Dates and Location:*  July 21, July 22, at 7pm and July 25 at 4pm
at Congregation Beth Israel, 2195 Eastern Parkway, Schenectady. (No
pre-registration required).

We will be utilizing sides from the script and asking participants to
perform a 1 to 2-minute comedic monologue of their own choosing.

*Show Dates and Location: * 7 performances between October 21st-31st, 2021
at Congregation Beth Israel, 2195 Eastern Parkway, Schenectady.

Rehearsals to begin mid-August.

See below for our COVID-19 guidelines.

*SYNOPSIS:*

Revived on Broadway in 2008 in a Tony-winning production, Boeing Boeing is
an adaptation of a 1960’s French farce that tells the exploits of Bernard,
a self-styled Parisian lothario who has French, German and American
fiancées, each beautiful airline hostesses with frequent “layovers.” He
keeps “one up, one down and one pending” until unexpected schedule changes
bring all three to his apartment on the same day that Bernard’s bewildered
friend Robert visits.

*Roles for 2 males and 4 females:*

   - Bernard – an American architect and lothario who resides in Paris.  Age
   25-45.
   - Berthe – Bernard's French housekeeper. Age 45+.
   - Robert – Bernard's old school chum (from Wisconsin).  Age 25-45.
   - Gabriella – the Italian fiancée and air hostess. Age 20-40.
   - Gloria – the American fiancée and air hostess Age 20-35.
   - Gretchen – the German fiancée and air hostess Age 20-40.

An *Air Hostess Swing* may also potentially be cast (age 20-40) and
prepared to step into one of the air hostess roles in case of an adverse
event.

*COVID-19 Information:*

CTG will be following all up-to-date CDC/NYS Health guidelines regarding
COVID-19, including recommendations for vaccination.  We intend to produce
this and future shows without masks or social distancing among our cast.  In
order to do this, we require that all cast members be fully vaccinated for
the COVID-19 virus by the time of the first rehearsal in mid-August and
provide proof at the door of this status. Any auditioners who are not yet
fully vaccinated must remain masked throughout the audition.

*About CTG:*

The Classic Theater Guild performs plays that are timeless, noting that
"classic" does not mean old and stuffy. CTG typically does not perform new
works or plays with graphic language or content.

"We're a welcoming theater for new enthusiasts and veteran actors, that's
what sets us apart," says past president Steve Suriano.

We hold productions in our theater space at Congregation Beth Israel, in a
large, comfortable area with traditional stage, audience seating, and
backstage actor areas.

*Classic Theater Guild does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or
operations.*

*www.facebook.com/classictheaterguild
<http://www.facebook.com/classictheaterguild>*