[Capdist-auditions] Call for Directors - Albany Civic Theater

info at albanycivictheater.org info at albanycivictheater.org
Sun Oct 10 15:25:41 EDT 2021

Open call for directors!!

Albany Civic Theater is currently soliciting submissions from directors
for their 2022-2023 Season.  We are seeking directors for 4 main stage
shows running three weekends each in September 2022, November 2022,
February 2023 and May 2023.

Albany Civic is seeking both dramatic and comedic plays.  The committee
wishes to find balance in the season with cutting edge new published
works and classic revivals, and a season that provides a combination of
artistic risks and commercial success.
Please take into account the physical constraints of our space.

All submissions should include your current resume of directing
experience.  Each submission should also include a description of the
play, any unique interpretations you will bring to the production, and a
list of production team members who have committed to your project.

Please note - we strongly recommend that you submit paper or electronic
copies of the plays submitted but we will accept physical copies of
plays.

Directors should answer the following questions with their submission:
1)      Special tech/costuming considerations.
2)      What can you as director bring to this play?
3)      Why would this show appeal to an audience, and what type of
audience?
4)      Please state which of the time slots you are interested in
(September, November, February, May).

For submissions through mail, here is what you need to do:

1.            Put your submission in a clean manila envelope
2.            Mail a copy of the script of each submission for up to
three selections to:
                                                  Albany Civic Theater
                                  attn: Evan Jones – Artistic Director
                                                 235 Second Avenue
                                                 Albany, NY 12209

3.        Include your name, address, email address and phone number on
your résumé.
4.        Enter your submissions by Friday, December 8, 2021.
Submissions will be chosen by a committee and approved by the board of
directors. No one on the selection committee may submit their own
personal proposals. Please include any other information that you deem
necessary in your proposal.

If you prefer, you may deliver your submissions in person to the
theater. There is a mail slot located to the left of the entrance doors.

For submissions through email, please:
submit via email to EPJones1234 at gmail.com

We look forward to receiving your submissions and beginning the
selection process!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact Evan Jones, Artistic Director at EPJones1234 at gmail.com