[Capdist-auditions] [CCT] Auditions for Long Lost by Donald Margulies

Jeremy Anderson-Ward jrward5178 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 14:16:50 EDT 2021

Curtain Call Theatre (Latham, NY) will be holding auditions for

*“LONG LOST” *

By Donald Margulies

Directed by Carol Max

*Auditions:*

   - Please call (518) 877-7529 to schedule an audition

*Location:*

   - Curtain Call Theatre – 1 Jeanne Jugan Lane, Latham,  NY 12110

*Rehearsals:*

   - Begin late March 2022
   - Sunday – Wednesday evenings (4-5 times per week)

*Performances:*

   - April 22 - May 15, 2022
   - Thursday at 7:30 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8:00 PM, & Sunday at 3:00
   PM
   - One Saturday matinee at 3:00 PM on April 30, 2022.

*Show Description:*

>From Donald Margulies, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of such works as *Time
Stands Still* and *Dinner with Friends*, comes a funny, unsettling,
ultimately moving play about the limits of compassion and filial
obligation. When troubled Billy appears out of the blue in his estranged
brother David’s Wall Street office, he soon tries to reinsert himself into
the comfortable life David has built with his philanthropist wife and
college-age son. What does Billy really want? Can he be trusted? And how
much can family bonds smooth over past rifts?

*Available Roles:*

*Billy / Male Identifying / Age 50’s*

David’s brother. Spent 18 months in jail, and has been living here and
there since he was paroled. His years of rough living hang heavily on him,
though he advertises willingly that he is clean and sober, except for the
occasional weed. Is he, though? Unafraid of confrontation and constantly
pressing any advantage. Charming, but unpredictable and unreliable.

*David / Male Identifying / Late 40's*

Billy’s brother. Has worked hard to make a comfortable life for himself and
his family. Sensitive about his marriage, which has been on the rocks of
late. Tries to have his guard up, especially around his brother, but
ultimately believes that family deserves loyalty. Proud. Wants the trauma
of his past to stay behind him. Trying hard to be conventional.

*Jeremy / Male Identifying / Age 19*

Home for the holidays from his first semester at Brown University. He has a
good relationship with his parents, and was looking forward to spending the
holidays with them. He’s no rebel, but he’s susceptible to peer pressure.
Guarded and a little blunt in that adolescent way. He’s a city kid, so he’s
not naive, but he’s not cynical and jaded either.

For more information about the theatre and the rest of our season please
visit our website at www.curtaincalltheatre.com.

Thank you.

--

Sincerely,

Jeremy Anderson-Ward

Freelance Stage Manager

Regional Rep - New England/Upstate NY, Stage Managers Association

Associate Producer, Curtain Call Theatre

Covid-19 Compliance Officer (Safe Sets Level A Certificate Holder)

Phone:  (518) 788-5254

Email:   jrward5178 at gmail.com

Pronouns:  He/Him/His