[Capdist-auditions] WKP Shakespeare Audition Updates

William Kempe willkempesplayers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 07:44:45 EST 2022

Updated audition notice for WKP's 2022 *Summer Shakespeare Season*. (Most
updates can be found at the bottom of the audition notice and on the
attached documents)
-Age expectations
-Equity status
-Vaccination requirements
-More inclusive Language

Hello to all Shakespearean hopefuls out there!

Are you interested in expanding your experience and skill in performing
Shakespeare’s works?
Are you looking for a paid theatre opportunity this summer?

Are you seeking a welcoming professional creative community?

Will Kempe’s Players has you covered.

WKP is proud to present Titus Andronicus and The Comedy of Errors as our
2022 Summer Season!

This year WKP will be holding HYBRID auditions, with our first round
happening live via Zoom, February 9th and 11th, 6:45-8:30 pm, by
appointment. Sign up here
<https://calendly.com/willkempesplayers/wkp-2022-summer-season-auditions>
to book your audition slot! (
https://calendly.com/willkempesplayers/wkp-2022-summer-season-auditions)
We will email you the Zoom link after you register for your audition slot.

(If these dates do not work with your schedule please contact WKP production
via email at ProductionWKP at gmail.com and we will work with you and your
availability.)

We ask that all auditioners be prepared with the following:

-Performance resume and headshot (any recent photo is acceptable). This
should be emailed to us ahead of time at WillKempesPlayers at gmail.com.

-Two contrasting Early Modern monologues. Anything Shakespeare or any other
playwrights from the same era will fit into the "Early Modern" category.
If you bring us one in verse and one in prose, we’ll be even more tickled.

-“Something fantastic”: This is your opportunity to showcase your own
individuality. Share with us a demonstration of a skill that makes you feel
confident. This can range from singing 16 bars of a song you love, to a
short dance that brings you joy, to a juggling routine, to sharing a story
about your passions! WKP wants to see what makes you unique and most
importantly, we want you to have fun!

------------------------------

Callbacks will be held IN PERSON Wednesday, February 16th upstairs in the
conference room at the Arts Center of the Capital Region (265 River St,
Troy, NY 12180) by invitation starting at 6:30pm. You will hear from us via
email regarding callbacks by Sunday Feb. 13th. We will be following
appropriate protocols to keep everyone COVID-safe.

------------------------------

Titus Andronicus

Table-read for this production will take place the last week of March and
rehearsals will begin shortly after.

The Comedy of Errors

Table-read for this production will take place the last week of March and
rehearsals will begin shortly after.

All onstage roles for both of these productions are currently open.

Please email ProductionWKP at gmail.com for more information if you are
interested in any offstage production role.

------------------------------

Performance Dates

(Shows perform in rep. each weekend)

July

9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 30th, 31st

August

6th, 7th, 20th, 21st, 26th, 27th

Performance Locations

Prospect Park (Troy, NY)

Hubbard Hall (Cambridge, NY)

Sand Lake Center for the Arts (Averill Park, NY)

WAMC’s The Linda (Albany, NY)

Music Haven Summer Festival (Schenectady, NY)

We are anticipating a fantastic year of WKP productions. With our 2022
Summer Season already fully booked, we now need you and your talent. Please
reach out if you have any questions, comments, or concerns to
WillKempesPlayers at gmail.com

-All participants for WKP’s 2022 Summer Season must provide proof of full
vaccination at the time of callbacks and this includes the booster.-

-WKP is not currently an Equity company. Please contact us with any
questions.-

-WKP is currently only hiring people aged 18+. Anyone younger than 18--
stay tuned as we will be announcing some fantastic educational
opportunities this summer.-