[Capdist-auditions] Please Post-Thanks!

Barbara Davis-Dickman bdd1101 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:13:09 EDT 2022

*Foothills Arts Council is currently seeking submissions for scripts by
local playwrights for our Short Play Festival!* Special attention will be
given to the scripts that are actively using theatre as a device for
addressing injustices and inequities in our current cultural conversation,
but *all scripts meeting the requirements below are welcome!* The Foothills
Council aims to provide a voice for the often overlooked by using the stage
as a workplace for conversations involving the Capital Region. We are both;
seeking scripts that actively discuss and address diversity and
representation on stage while simultaneously addressing those same values
in our rehearsal and production spaces. Scripts that engage and entertain
the audience through creative, yet moral sensibilities are ideal for what
the Foothills is looking to incorporate into our upcoming *Short Play
Festival*.

*Requirements*

One act play. (Approximately *15 pages or less*)

*Ideally*, a maximum of 4 actors. (*Flexible*)

*Comedy *and *Drama *are as welcome as *Pantomime *and *Performance Art*!

*Eligibility*

Plays cannot have previously been produced. (*Previously read plays are
encouraged but not required*)

Both agent and non-agent submissions are accepted.

Submission Deadline: END OF DAY – May 31st, 2022

Electronic submissions only.

*HOW TO SUBMIT*

Playwrights should submit all materials in one single document,
preferably a PDF file, via email attachment. This document must include: a
short one-paragraph synopsis – illuminating the play’s plot; as well as a
character description list.

*Submitted documents must be void of the playwright's name and contact
information.*

Send to *FoothillsPlays at gmail.com* <Foothillsplays at gmail.com> with 2022
SUBMISSION in the subject line.

Remember that the Foothills Arts Council is committed to paying artists and
to that end *a small stipend is available for all playwrights selected for
our 2022 Short Play Festival.*