[Capdist-auditions] BTTUNY 2023-2024 short plays submission

bttuny518 at gmail.com bttuny518 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:17:08 EST 2022

Good afternoon,

Please post the attached announcement.

Black Theatre Troupe of Upstate NY is now accepting submissions of new and
original one-act plays and monologues for BIPOC actors (youths and adults)
for its 2023-2024 season. All work must be royalty-free and not have been
previously produced or published.

Monologues must be no longer than 10 minutes long. Plays must be for 2-4
characters and no longer than 20 minutes long. Please submit all work in
Standard Play Format. Submissions should include a brief synopsis of the
play as well as a bio and picture of the writer.

Content note: when possible, please avoid unnecessary or excessive sexual or
violent situations and strong language, since we cater to a broad audience.

For any questions, please email  <mailto:BTTUNY518 at gmail.com>
BTTUNY518 at gmail.com or call 518-833-2621.

Application Deadline and Process: Please email a PDF of your script along
with your synopsis, bio, and author photo to  <mailto:BTTUNY518 at gmail.com>
BTTUNY518 at gmail.com, with the subject heading "2023-2024 One Act Play
Submission." Scripts must be received by January 15, 2023. We reserve the
right to end submissions early depending on volume of plays received.