[Capdist-auditions] Additional Auditions for A Christmas Story: The Musical - Ages 8 to Adult

Noah Casner noah at saratogachildrenstheatre.org
Wed Oct 12 16:57:08 EDT 2022

Missed our first audition date? No Worries! SCT is holding another round of auditions this Sunday, October 16th from 10am-1pm at our studio space, 615 Maple Ave. in Saratoga Springs. Additionally, we'll also be accepting video submissions through end of day this Saturday (instructions below).

Seeking actors ages 8 to Adult for a co-production between Saratoga Children's Theatre and our sister company, Spa City Theatre.

Based on the classic holiday film, A Christmas Story features music by Tony Award winners Pasek and Paul (Dear Evan Hansen, The Greatest Showman, "Smash") and has great roles for both children and adults!

Performers will be seen in the order they arrive and should prepare approximately 32 bars of a contemporary musical theatre song. Singing from the show is encouraged, but not required. Additionally, you may be asked to read from the script.

Casting Breakdown can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EvtF8o52NI28Oon7Zn66Plp2iKkjjJ0doaYYCJNdfuM/edit?usp=sharing

*If cast, a tuition fee of $250 will be required for students to participate. Adult actors do not need to pay tuition.*
Scholarships are available!

If you are unable to attend auditions in person, we are accepting video submissions! To submit a video audition, please follow these steps:

1) Film a short video where you state your name and age before singing approximately 60 seconds of a Musical Theatre song in the style of the show. Singing from the show is encouraged, but not required.

2) Upload this video to Google Drive, Dropbox, or a private YouTube link.

3) Send the link where we can access your video to sean at saratogachildrenstheatre.org by end of day Saturday, October 15th. Please include in your email any known conflicts, as well as a headshot and resume if you have them.

Performances will take place December 2nd at 7:00, December 3rd at 2:00 and 7:00, December 9th and 10th at 7:00, and December 11th at 2:00 in our Black Box Theater at 615 Maple Ave.

We hope to see both new and familiar faces, so help spread the word and we’ll see you on Sunday!