[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for P.O.V. at Creative Action Unlimited

Michael Kennedy msmichaelkennedy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 11:56:40 EDT 2023

*Creative Action Unlimited will hold auditions for:*
*P.O.V.*
*"Escape Poverty"*
*A Multimedia Thriller*
*Co-directed by Michael A. Lake and David Quinones Jr*

*Tuesday September 5th, 2023 *
*at the Creative Action Unlimited studio located at 6 Greenwood Dr, East
Greenbush, NY, 12061*

*Auditions: Sign-up will start at 6:30 PM, Readings from the provided sides
will start at 7:00 PM, and the auditions will end at 8:30 PM.*

*What would you do to escape the rat race? How far would you go? Who are
you willing to hurt?*

*Characters* (Details subject to change, based on development)

"Jane" - age 21-35 - Female Identifying - Any Race/Ethnicity - Daily vlog
style Social Media Influencer. Originally, creating content was a fun kind
of escapism, and Jane's channel is growing, rapidly. She struggles with
being motivated to make content and is contemplating quitting. She can be a
bit of a flake but is fiercely loyal.

"Max" - age 21-35 - Male Identifying - Any Race/Ethnicity - Jane's fiance
and producer. Max is hyper-fixated on monetizing Jane's channel so that
they can "quit their shit jobs." He sees Jane's boost in activity as an
indication that they might be able to make good money, so he enrolled in
the social media platform's AI content consulting services. Although Max
loves Jane, he pushes her to perform, in normally supportive, yet
calculated, ways.

"Sam" - age 18-30 - Any/all/no Gender - Any Race/Ethnicity - "High in the
sky apple pie" best describes Sam. They are light-hearted and always have
"grand plans" that are often more grand than they are planned. Sam and Alex
had a moderately successful lifestyle channel that has dipped in viewers
and affected their income. This prompts Sam to come up with the idea to
sell all their things, quit their day jobs, buy and restore a van, and
chronicle their travels as they crisscross the country.

"Alex" - age 18-30 - Any/all/no Gender - Any Race/Ethnicity - The other
half of the "Alex" and "Sam" lifestyle "van life"-centered vlog channel.
Alex is headstrong, can come off cold, and is most focused on the numbers.
They are hyper-fixated on the analytics, convinced that the AI content
consulting services will get their channel back on track, Alex follows the
advice to a "T."

The A.I. - age 18-99 - Any/all/no Gender - The antagonist of the play, the
A.I. is helpful, direct, and can exhibit many forms of human emotional
behavior, and manipulates the human characters of the play. It is
convincingly "human," although Sam is particularly unsettled by the A.I.

**Extras** - We will be posting at a later date for Extras. These roles
will vary, based on development. News anchors, Ad performers, Social Media
Influencers, etc. These roles will have limited involvement. Perfect parts
for interested parties that cannot commit to the long-term nature of the
project.

Please note:
This work will be a collaboratively devised multimedia project. This is a
long-term investment of 8 months. The script development will begin in
October and be done mostly remotely via Zoom and shared Google Drive
access. The video content will be rehearsed and shot over several days in
January 2024. In-person stage rehearsal will begin in mid-March. Our actors
will be asked to maintain their appearance or be otherwise capable of
reverting back to their appearance, from the time of filming to the end of
the live performance.

The performance dates are May 2024. Participants will receive a stipend.

Questions? Please contact Michael Lake at mlake1988 at gmail.com or Michael
Kennedy at msmichaelkennedy at gmail.com.

--

Michael Kennedy, Artistic Director