[Capdist-auditions] Final Announcement: THERE IS HOPE (Full-Length Play)

Steve Grogan stevegroganauthor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:24:34 EDT 2023

Hello,

Can you please post this to the group as soon as possible? There are two
important things to note.

1) The first audition date will be September 4th, which is this coming
Monday, so interested parties need to reply ASAP.

2)This will now be a VIRTUAL staged reading done via Google Chat.
Recordings of the performances will be posted on YouTube and shared via social
media.

[image: image.png]

WHEN: Sept. 4, 5, 7 (optional), 11, 12, and 14 (optional), 7:00pm

   - The auditions will be for scenes that feature more than three
   characters.

   -

   For any/all “optional” dates, I will let you know in advance if those
   will be needed, so please keep an eye out for emails about that.

WHERE: GOOGLE CHAT. If we run into issues, there’s always Facebook.

   -

   I’ll send sides, role assignments, and character descriptions once I get
   your information.
   -

   There is no need to prepare a monologue or anything like that.

CAST SIZE: 10. Here are some more details about what the show needs.

   -

   Actors MUST be able to take on multiple roles. I need people who can
   make the audience believe they are playing different characters. If it
   seems like you are playing the same character multiple times, the whole
   story falls apart.
   -

   The actors who play Kevin and Lucy will play ONLY those parts.
   -

   Two actors will read for FIVE parts.
   -

   The rest will read for FOUR.
   -

   Most roles are small, so there won’t be a lot of memorization.
   -

      Keep in mind you WILL have the script with you. Of course, you should
      learn lines well enough to look at each other, but it’s still there as a
      safety net.
      -

   One character is from Pakistan (currently written as male, but this can
   be changed. All other roles are open to any race or ethnicity.

CALLBACKS: Sept. 18, 19, and 21 (optional), 7:00pm

   - For anyone who leaves a deep impression on me, I will have you back to
   read scenes that involve just two characters.

I don’t want to overwhelm you with too much information. However, I will
provide the following date and time projections. These are all TENTATIVE.

   -

   There will be 5 WORKSHOPS, all done REMOTELY.
   -

      Sept. 25 and 26, Oct. 2 and 3 at 7:00pm
      -

      There will be a separate workshop for whoever gets NARRATOR, so we
      can go over what they will or will not have to read.
      -

   There will be 4-6 REMOTE REHEARSALS.
   -

      Oct. 9, 10, 12 (opt.), 16, 17, and 19 (opt.) at 7:00pm
      -

   There will be 4-6 IN-PERSON REHEARSALS.
   -

   There will be 3 PERFORMANCES on Nov, 4, 11, and 18.
   -

      NOTE -  The location and start times of the in-person rehearsals and
      performances are TO BE DETERMINED at the moment. My goal is to
hold them in
      the community room of a local library. Most branches won’t let
you book any
      sooner than 60-90 days in advance, so right now it’s a matter of waiting
      until they open up those dates for booking.

CONTACT: Email resume, headshot, and any dates with conflicts to Steve
Grogan at stevegroganauthor at gmail.com with the subject “HOPE Audition.”

I’m looking forward to auditioning you!

~~~Steve Grogan