[Capdist-auditions] Audition to post

Leigh Strimbeck leigh.strimbeck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:04:49 EST 2023

To the List Serve Administrator:

Please post the following:

The New York State Defenders Association is seeking role-play actors for
its Basic Trials Skills program June 10-16.  The program will be held at
Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs.  This work is paid.

*Roles:*

*The Client*

Bobby Jones, the defendant, is 26 years old.  We will consider actors
between 20 and 35 depending on apparent age.  We seek actors who are either
Black, Latino, or white. Bobby’s childhood was impoverished both materially
and emotionally. He has difficulty managing his anger and his temper has
caused him trouble with the law. Bobby has a history of domestic violence.
Actors playing Bobby must be able to understand and portray a  man in
trouble, with a troubled past, desperately clinging to his dignity.

*Witnesses*

*Male Construction Workers*, age 25-40.  Hard working, hard drinking.
Powerful physique a plus.  Must be able to realistically portray blue
collar individuals without stereotyping.

Complete information is posted at:

https://www.nysda.org/page/BTSP_Actor_Info

If interested in auditioning, please send resume and headshot via
email. A professionally
done head shot is not necessary; a current photo that looks like you will
work. If you have a reel posted on the web, please send the link.

Email your materials to: leighstrimbeck at gmail.com

Leigh Strimbeck
Casting Director
NYSDA Basic Trial Skills Program