[Capdist-auditions] Audition Announcement - THERE IS HOPE - Full-Length Play - Staged Reading

Steve Grogan stevegroganauthor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 14:59:18 EDT 2023

Hello,

Could you please post this to the list? If the formatting is no good or
there are any other issues, please let me know, and I will fix them up.

WHEN: Sept. 4, 5, 7 (optional), 11, 12, and 14 (optional), 7:00pm

WHERE: I’d prefer Google Chat. If we run into issues, there’s always
Facebook.

->Sides and character descriptions will be sent via email.

->There is no need to prepare a monologue or anything like that.

CASTING NEEDS: I need a cast of TEN actors and actresses. Also, actors MUST
be willing and able to take on multiple roles. I need people who, if they
read for three parts, can make the audience believe they are playing for
three different characters. If it comes off like you are playing the same
character three times, the whole thing falls apart.

->The actors who play Kevin and Lucy will play ONLY those parts.

->Two actors will read for FIVE parts.

->The rest will read for FOUR.

->While the number of parts may seem daunting, please keep in mind:

   -

   Most roles are small, so there won’t be a lot of memorization.
   -

   You will have the script with you. Granted, you should still learn your
   lines well enough so you can look at each other instead of at the pages,
   but it’ll be there as a safety net.

->One character is from Pakistan. All other roles are open to any ethnicity.

CALLBACKS: Sept. 18, 19, and 21 (optional), 7:00pm

**********

Since this is just the audition notice, I don’t want to overwhelm you with
too much at once. However, I will provide information on the number of
workshops, rehearsals, and performances that I'm thinking about having.
Keep in mind these are TENTATIVE. If any prove to be impossible or
impractical, then I will roll with it and overcome those obstacles as they
arise.

Having said that, here are the idealized numbers:

->5 workshops (with one of these being just for whoever gets the role of
the Narrator)

->4-6 REMOTE rehearsals

->4-6 IN-PERSON rehearsals

->4 performances

Should it turn out we don't need as many rehearsals, or if we need more, I
will adjust accordingly. However, for now, these are the projections I'm
making.

CONTACT: Email resume, headshot, and any dates with prior commitments to
Steve Grogan at stevegroganauthor at gmail.com with the subject “HOPE
Audition.”

I’m looking forward to auditioning you!

~~~Steve Grogan