[Capdist-auditions] Carpe Diem Theater - Register for Our July Summer Camp Today! (Tuition Based Program)

Alexandra van den Heever vandy at carpediemtheater.org
Wed May 10 14:48:47 EDT 2023

[cid:e50e8638-df4c-4ee3-8360-d50a05e40a35]

Carpe Diem Theater Camp will take place for the month of July 2023 at the Round Lake Auditorium in Round Lake, NY for two age groups, performing the following shows:

Frozen KIDS | Campers entering grades 2 through 6 in Fall 2023
High School Musical 2 Jr. | Campers entering grades 7 through 10 in Fall 2023

To find more information and see a full schedule, please visit our website at carpediemtheater.org/camp<http://carpediemtheater.org/camp>.

AUDITIONS  |  May 16 and 17

Auditions will be held at the Round Lake Auditorium (2 Wesley Avenue, Round Lake).
Come either May 16 or 17 at the following times:

     *   Frozen KIDS: 5:00-6:30
     *   Ensemble Meeting (both programs): 6:30-7:00
     *   High School Musical 2 Jr: 7:00-8:30

ENSEMBLE MEETING
Our Ensemble Meeting is designed for kids who are nervous about auditions and/or aren't interested in lead or featured roles, but still want to be part of camp. They won't have to do a traditional audition or sing or dance for our counselors; instead, they will meet our counselors, who will tell them about the summer and lead some activities. Campers coming to the Ensemble Meeting should still plan to wear clothes they can move in.

CASTING
We will be double casting High School Musical 2 Jr. Leads who are double cast will perform in the ensemble when they are not the lead. (Frozen KIDS will not be double casted).

We will email a cast list to everyone by the afternoon of May 18.

AUDITION SONGS
Those auditioning for lead or featured roles in either show will be asked to choose one of the songs below to sing for our counselors, who will cast the shows. This is preferred but not mandatory - campers will not be penalized if they choose to sing something else, and will still be considered for all roles.

  *   Tracks and Sheet Music for Audition Songs<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ByR1XyUeGaGo06cfx727ArnhSIm0d34o>

The tracks labeled "no vocals" are the ones we will play for the audition. If your camper chooses to sing their own song, please come with a youtube karaoke track that we can play (acapella is not preferred, but is fine).

READ-THROUGH  |  May 18

The read-through will also be held at the Round Lake Auditorium at the following times on May 18. Campers will receive their scripts at the read-through.

     *   Frozen KIDS: 5:00-6:00pm
     *   High School Musical 2 Jr: 6:30-8:00pm

TUITION

     *   Frozen KIDS: $500 each
     *   High School Musical 2 Jr: $550 each

Families with multiple campers will receive a discount: $50 off of the total cost for 2 campers, $100 for 3, $200 for 4.

Though we have a set rate for tuition, we are pleased to offer a Pay-What-You-Like Tuition Plan if you need to pay a different amount - we would rather our program be affordable and allow every child to participate than receive full tuition. We also have payment plan options.
The tuition form is here<https://forms.gle/91EykTYkgUAPpefz5>, and is linked in the registration form as well. Every request is confidential, no questions asked. We can absolutely talk through the possibilities with you if you'd like.

PERFORMANCES

July 27, 28, and 29 at 1:00 and 7:00 pm each day.
Location: Round Lake Auditorium

REGISTER HERE TODAY!<https://forms.gle/QiR9UU9vsgL4zqrY8>

Registration will be open until May 15. Please be sure to share with other families who may be interested!

Sincerely,
Vandy and Brady

ALEX "VANDY" VAN DEN HEEVER
Executive Director