[Capdist-auditions] Twas the Night Before Christmas Collaborative Opportunity

Elise Charlebois elisencharlebois at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:48:30 EST 2023

*TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS – 200 th Anniversary*

We are hoping we can connect with some interested actors/actresses and have
a good time in this adventure.

*THE GOAL:*
Creating a 10-12 minute presentation for Troy’s Victorian Stroll (Dec 3)
and a “meandering” Christmas parade for other occasions that week (and for
the Stroll itself).

We want to form a Capital District Zoom team to help us, *from Italy*, find
the actors, instruments & props.

The Rensselaer Chamber of Commerce are our partners. They will provide the
stage, two large screens, electronics, etc.

Massimo Leggio (actor from Italy) has a vision in mind that he’d like to
refine, according to resources that will be available. Pantomime is what he
is considering. The stage will also be flanked by two large screen displays
where we will reveal our multilingual app… ‘Twas the Night in languages
from around the world!

We already found costumes… and can handle those through Amazon, The
Costumer… and some custom designs made here in Sicily. The backdrop will
likely be made from fabric (with Christmas tree, window). Costumes will be
simple, transportable, and fun.

We will also have “selfie stations” with illustrations from the books of
Santa, the child, and the mouse, for the kids to put their faces into for
photos.

*Desired cast of characters:*
Clement Clarke Moore (Massimo)
Santa Claus
Mouse
Father
Mother
Daughter
Elf #1 (with musical instrument)
Elf #2 (with musical instrument)
Reindeer
Baby Reindeer #1 (child)
Baby Reindeer #2 (child)
Also: Audio technician (to work the mixer)

Victorian Stroll stage dimensions:
10-ft deep, 20-ft wide, 8-ft high (approx.)
We’d like a full 11-person cast for the “parading”…

*Timeframe:*
Sun, Nov 26 - arrival from Italy (Sally, Massimo, Natasja & Raffaele)
Mon-Wed, Nov 27-29 – Presentation/parading refinement (full team)
Wed, Nov 29 – evening at Troy Art Center (parading, potentially, to add
Christmas spirit)
Thurs, Nov 30 – potentially (parading) at Saratoga’s celebration (6 – 9pm)
Sat, Dec 2 – Colonie Center (parading), potentially Crossgates (morning
& afternoon)
Sun, Dec 3 – Troy Victorian Stroll (11am – 5pm)
Thurs, Dec 7 – Troy Chamber appreciation dinner

*Details:*
 Main events are Saturday, Dec 2 & Sunday, Dec 3 (daytime)
 Potential Saratoga event, Thursday, Nov 30 (6 – 9pm)
 Other events are “small” and can be handled by a smaller cast

*We hope to hear from you -- what an opportunity!!*

*A small stipend can be provided.  *

If anyone is interested, please get in touch with Nancy Macy (
nancymacy at gmail.com & 518-573-0475) or Sally Veillette (sally at ciaosally.com)
and we will get the contact information for you to pursue this great
opportunity.