[Capdist-auditions] EMERGENCY CASTING NEEDED for full-length play THERE IS HOPE (Virtual Staged Reading)

Steve Grogan stevegroganauthor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:48:39 EDT 2023

Hello,

Due to an unfortunate medical condition, we now have a HUGE gap in our
cast. Please contact Steve Grogan at stevegroganauthor at gmail.com to set up
an audition. Here is some information on the when and where, as well as
what parts need filling:

   - Virtual Staged Reading
   - Age, ethnicity, and gender are all unimportant for the roles we need
   to fill.
   - Workshops, rehearsals, and recording will be done via Google Meet,
   usually on Mondays and Tuesdays at 7:00pm
   - Almost everyone in this play is reading for two parts. Major roles are
   the exception. This means that, if you get the Narrator, you will read ONLY
   for that. If you get Charlie, you will also read for Phillip.
   - See the attached image for the plot summary.

ROLES TO FILL

   - NARRATOR: Since this is a virtual staged reading, we need someone to
   read scene descriptions and stage directions. This part will be VERY
   time-intensive.
   - CHARLIE: Head of security at a club called the Tower
   - PHILLIP: A partygoer that main character Kevin literally bumps into

We already started workshops last night when we received word that our
Narrator fell ill. Also, we were still looking for people to fill the
Charlie/Phillip slot.

Please put the word out about this as soon as you can.

Thanks,
Steve