[Capdist-auditions] Maybe of interest to our Albany & Green Co thespians

Matthew Moross mmoross at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 13:53:23 EST 2024

 Thanks.

The Phoenicia Playhouse is producing the thriller Wait Until Dark by
Frederick Knott and adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher.

Wait Until Dark is a classic thriller complete with murders, disguises and
jump scares.  Briefly: three criminals run a con game on a blind woman
who’s only assistance in fighting back comes from a pre-teen girl who lives
upstairs. The play is set in 1944.

Wait Until Dark will be directed By Michael Koegel.

The show will run for three weeks May 3-19th (Friday and Saturday evenings
and Sunday matinees.) Rehearsals begin in early March at The Phoenicia
Playhouse.  If actors are available some rehearsals might take place during
the day, but this is no required.

Note:  Some roles have been cast.

SEEKING:

MIKE:  Lead. (25-40 years old).  Good-looking, sympathetic enlisted man who
befriends newly-blind Susan.  We believe that he is trying to help her,
until midway through the play when he betrays her.

GLORIA: Supporting. (12-15 years old).  Gloria come across as a bit of a
brat initially, but she eagerly becomes Susan’s ally once danger sets in.
Please note: We can go a wider age range in casting Gloria, the parameters
are that she needs to be believable as a girl who has a passing interest in
dolls, but also as someone who could be trusted to safely take a taxi cab
alone to Grand Central in an emergency.

SAM:  Supporting.  (30-50)  Susan’s husband. Sam is a tough-love kind of
guy, he doesn’t allow Susan’s blindness to slow her down, he wants her to
be independent.

Auditions will take place at The Phoenicia Playhouse on Saturday Feb. 10th
ate 2pm.  If you are unable to make this audition time and would like
another opportunity,  or if you would like audition sides in advance, you
can reach out to the director at MJKoegel at gmail.com

Michael Koegel