[Capdist-auditions] Galway Players Call for Director/Show submission for Spring 2025

Amy Jessup galwayplayers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 12:22:21 EST 2024

For over 50 years, the Galway Players have been providing acting and
production experience for children and adults while encouraging community
participation and enjoyment of theater.

The Galway Players are asking for submissions for our spring 2025 community
theater production. Our spring shows are typically cast with anywhere from
10-25+ cast members (we typically do not turn anyone away from
participating and find a part for all who would like to perform. However,
age range restrictions for participants can be applied based on the
production at the discretion of the director.) Auditions would be targeted
for Sunday January 19, 2025 at the Galway High School auditorium 5317
Sacandaga Road, Galway NY. Rehearsals and performances to be held at the
same location, typically Sunday afternoons (1-6 but times are flexible
within this window). Performance dates are Saturday evening May 3, 2025,
and Sunday matinee May 4, 2025.

The Galway Players are interested in any production, either play or
musical, that we have not performed in the past 5 seasons. The rights to
the show you are submitting must be available for purchasing as of March 1,
2024. Click https://www.galwayplayers.org/productions.html to see our past
shows. Be sure to scroll through the whole page.

Interested directors should submit their interest to galwayplayers at gmail.com by
March 15, 2024.
Please include in your submission the following:

   - The desired show and desired age range of participants.
   - An outline of your artistic vision for the production.
   - Your artistic resume with your submission highlighting directorial and
   production experience (if available).
   - If you are submitting a play, please include a copy of the script (if
   one is available) or a way to get a version of the script for the Board of
   Directors to review.
   - Identify as much of your production and design staff as possible. We
   ask that any production team members you submit have already agreed to be a
   part of your production. It is not necessary to have your entire production
   team assembled, and you are welcome to ask for assistance from the Galway
   Players for production team member recommendations from our existing pool
   of volunteers to fill any vacancies on your submission.

The GP Board of Directors will review all submissions, and reach out to
applicants to discuss the proposal and set up a possible phone/zoom and/or
in person interview. A decision will be made no later than April 7th.