[Capdist-auditions] Albany Civic Theater seeking original plays

Evan Jones epjones1234 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:44:27 EDT 2024

Albany Civic Theater is looking for local Playwrights for our Playwright’s
Showcase on Sunday, July 21, 2024! Playwrights should be able to attend the
performance/talkback.

Submissions for the Playwright’s Showcase should include a brief synopsis
and a copy of an original work. We will accept one-act plays or a section
of a longer play (up to an hour of performance). We also reserve the right
to feature more than one original work in the Playwright’s Showcase.

The production will be presented at Albany Civic Theater as a blocked
staged reading with a talkback after the play. Each play will be assigned a
director who will also cast the play.

For submissions, here is what you need to do:

1. Email a copy of the script of each submission for up to two selections
to:

Albany Civic Theater Artistic Director Ellen Cribbs at
ellencribbs at gmail.com

2. Include your name and email address on your synopsis.

3. Enter your submissions by May 5, 2024

We look forward to receiving your submissions and beginning the selection
process! If you have any questions, please email Ellen at
ellencribbs at gmail.com