[Capdist-auditions] Lighting Designer needed Paid position Time Sensitive

Shauna Kanter, VOICETheatre skantervt at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 17:13:30 EDT 2024

We at Voice Theatre are producing THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST and due to overbooking, our lighting designer, at the last minute, has had to drop out. We are interviewing for the position of lighting designer for THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST. We are setting the production in 1968, London with music by the Stones, Beatles and Hendrix. We are located in Kingston, NY. 90 miles north of NYC.
DATESRehearsals Begin: June 11th, 2024Technical Rehearsals July 2-10th, 2024 (Hanging and focus dates are flexible and can begin as early as July 17).Opening July 11th, 2024Performances continue through July 28th, 2024Thursday - Saturday at 7:30 pm, Sundays at 2:00 pmExtra Matinee Saturday, July 27th, 2024 @ 2pmStrike and Load-Out Monday, July 29th, 2024
You will receive a stipend of $2,000, the lighting budget is $2,000 and you will have your own house while in Kingston. Travel reimbursed. You will have a lighting Op and assistant. You will not be required to be at strike or the run of the show.
If you are interested, we are interviewing on Wednesday, May 29th at Theatre Lab at 357 East 36th Street, between 8-9th Ave, NYC. We can do virtual interviews. If interested, please respond to this email : info at voicetheatre.org ASAP and we will set-up an interview appointment.
Best,Shauna Kanter

Shauna Kanter
Artistic Director, Voice Theatre (office) 845 679 0154 (cell) 917 494 6273
http://www.voicetheatre.orgFacebook.com/Voicetheatre.org
Giving voice to extraordinary theatre