[Capdist-auditions] SECOND NOTICE: Audition Announcement for THERE IS HOPE - Full-Length Play - Staged Reading

Steve Grogan stevegroganauthor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:55:01 EDT 2023

Hello,

Can you please send this out to the list? I clarified some questions that
were asked after the previous round.

WHEN: Sept. 4, 5, 7 (optional), 11, 12, and 14 (optional), 7:00pm

   - The auditions will be for scenes that feature more than three
   characters.

   -

   For any/all “optional” dates, I will let you know in advance if those
   will be needed, so please keep an eye out for emails about that.

WHERE: GOOGLE CHAT. If we run into issues, there’s always Facebook.

   -

   I’ll send sides, role assignments, and character descriptions once I get
   your information.
   -

   There is no need to prepare a monologue or anything like that.

CAST SIZE: 10. Here are some more details about what the show needs.

   -

   Actors MUST be able to take on multiple roles. I need people who can
   make the audience believe they are playing different characters. If it
   seems like you are playing the same character multiple times, the whole
   story falls apart.
   -

   The actors who play Kevin and Lucy will play ONLY those parts.
   -

   Two actors will read for FIVE parts.
   -

   The rest will read for FOUR.
   -

   Most roles are small, so there won’t be a lot of memorization.
   -

      Keep in mind you WILL have the script with you. Of course, you should
      learn lines well enough to look at each other, but it’s still there as a
      safety net.
      -

   One character is from Pakistan (currently written as male, but this can
   be changed. All other roles are open to any race or ethnicity.

CALLBACKS: Sept. 18, 19, and 21 (optional), 7:00pm

   - For anyone who leaves a deep impression on me, I will have you back to
   read scenes that involve just two characters.

I don’t want to overwhelm you with too much information. However, I will
provide the following date and time projections. These are all TENTATIVE.

   -

   There will be 5 WORKSHOPS, all done REMOTELY.
   -

      Sept. 25 and 26, Oct. 2 and 3 at 7:00pm
      -

      There will be a separate workshop for whoever gets NARRATOR, so we
      can go over what they will or will not have to read.
      -

   There will be 4-6 REMOTE REHEARSALS.
   -

      Oct. 9, 10, 12 (opt.), 16, 17, and 19 (opt.) at 7:00pm
      -

   There will be 4-6 IN-PERSON REHEARSALS.
   -

   There will be 3 PERFORMANCES on Nov, 4, 11, and 18.
   -

      NOTE -  The location and start times of the in-person rehearsals and
      performances are TO BE DETERMINED at the moment. My goal is to
hold them in
      the community room of a local library. Most branches won’t let
you book any
      sooner than 60-90 days in advance, so right now it’s a matter of waiting
      until they open up those dates for booking.

CONTACT: Email resume, headshot, and any dates with conflicts to Steve
Grogan at stevegroganauthor at gmail.com with the subject “HOPE Audition.”

I’m looking forward to auditioning you!

~~~Steve Grogan